Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

gOoD GrIeF

Old 03-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gOoD GrIeF

today I brought my volvo s80 2001 t6 into the shop....

I come to find out that the rails for the Sunroof/moonroof need to be replaced....1200$ luckily done under warranty, then one button on the CD player does not work, and bam that needs to be replaced also !..........that was about 500-600....-->also under warranty

Now, the problem is they need an inspector to verify the repairs or something ????-- Could it be that I am using the warranty too much?

Also Are they going to find my car audio amps and woofers and deny coverage possibly?

Also I talked to the manager, because of my so many problems, this was his response to me. "You bought a performance car, maintainence is gonna cost more...blah blah blah", but I mean what is maintainence-isnt it the oil change, brakes, fluids etc etc? it shouldnt include hard components such as the ABS module, master brake cylinder...etc etc

any input would be Great

Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: gOoD GrIeF

Maybe the inspector can deem your car as a "lemon" then you'll be better off. Maybe you can sue Volvo for time spent taking your car in for repair all the time.

Well, they screwed us without warranty, and they tried to blame it on those that still have warranty. This is exactly why I will never retract anything I ever said about Volvo and their dealers.

Volvo is like a blood sucker that keeps their dealers afloat by making their cars subject to failure at certain mileage and time. They charge an arm and a leg for anything that goes wrong or broken. Don't get fool by the looks people. Volvo is no longer what we thought of it.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 PM

"You bought a performance car...."
That sound you hear is the Mitsubushi Evos, Eclipses, Spyders, Honda Civics, and Acura Intregras shuddering in their rims[:@].

Don't get me wrong I love my S80.....but 197 hp (manual listed)/194 hp (website/online listed) doesn't quite seem performance to me compared to those imports....

Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: WhooFleuryScores

"You bought a performance car...."
That sound you hear is the Mitsubushi Evos, Eclipses, Spyders, Honda Civics, and Acura Intregras shuddering in their rims[:@].

Don't get me wrong I love my S80.....but 197 hp (manual listed)/194 hp (website/online listed) doesn't quite seem performance to me compared to those imports....
Yeah, and amplify that small HP rating from an inline 6 into a car that nearly weighs 2 tons. And the fact that since this is basically a luxury car, there is pretty much no aftermarket for it. Just finding a set of aftermarket wheels for my s80 that had the proper offest and didn't require spacers (because this car has the worst turning radius even from the factory) was quite a chore as well. All the little rinkydink exterior mods I've done to it too are all home made.

As I've mentioned in another thread, the whole reason why I bought the car was because I thought it just had AMAZING lines and it is a good looking car. But I'm not a big fan of the engine. Therefore, I'm thinking about bypassing the factory engine all together and doing a frankstein heart transplant with a ford mustang modular v8 to waken it up...a lot.

My quest for a more highperformance s80 isn't over yet. I'm thinking about also putting this on a diet and having molds made of my hoods...trunk...fenders...etc made up by a local company that does custom carbon fiber parts for cars. Except I wouldn't leave them that ugly bare carbon fiber like most ricers do. I'd have it covered back up in the factory paint so nobody would know.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 AM

even so if they deem it a lemon, what would they do? deny me coverage? They are sending my file to a volvo rep to see if they will buy the car back from me

Old 03-14-2007, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: gordon368

They are sending my file to a volvo rep to see if they will buy the car back from me
You can read more into lemon law, which I'm not sure.

It's probably cheaper for them to buy back your car at current market price than to honor your extended warranty. All the things that need repairs with an aging s80 is bad business for extended warranty. Like I said before, I would feel bad for selling this car just because I would pass on the burden to the next person. But I'm not sure how long I can keep up the repair cost and/or afford to junk it all together.

Hmmm.. maybe trade back in to Volvo. But then again, I would have to get a Volvo, which would never in hell again.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 PM

wow, the warranty company said that they need another day to see what they are going to do.... ridicoulous, i think Im ahead in the warranty, i paid 3000$ for a warranty and so far im up to 4500$ in repairs probably more, so they must be pissed at me lol...that includes these repairs also... and there are 19 more months left on the warranty LmAo

Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 AM

I here you. I have a 2000 S80 T6 with only 48,000 milesand have had all that and then some replaced. Luckily under warranty as well. My warranty is through a third party and they always have to send an inspector out. If it's truly broken they always approve it. I'd hate to have this car without a warranty. Hard to believe this car cost upwards of $50,000 seven years ago, and isn't worth squat now. It has a bundle of problems to. I've tried to sell mine for the past year and havn't had a single call. They're nice to drive when they're running. Really smooth and fast. If you havn't had your throttle body replaced yet, I'd get that done right away. It's a freeby through Volvo. Good luck with yours.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: giacomozzi

Hard to believe this car cost upwards of $50,000 seven years ago, and isn't worth squat now. They're nice to drive when they're running. Really smooth and fast.
Same reason why I decided to keep mine come hell or high water. Basically I'm going to keep and drive it until the engine gives out and says otherwise. But until then, it is an amazingly comfortable car. Just I shudder whenever something breaks. I can always picture the cheap smiles on the employees at the volvo dealership when I'm forced to shop up.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: giacomozzi

.........If you havn't had your throttle body replaced yet, I'd get that done right away. It's a freeby through Volvo. Good luck with yours.
Correct me if I'm wrong...... I don't think they will replace it without having it gone bad. I'm actually hoping my goes out (for real) so I can get peace of mind before the "forced" extend warranty on ETM expired. Since it's an extended warranty on the ETM, not a recall, it has to go bad first.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:41 PM

mine got replaced like 4-5 months back, it went bad right after my 60k tune up

Old 03-16-2007, 04:10 AM

Basically I'm going to keep and drive it until the engine gives out and says otherwise.
That's basically what we did with the 940GL my Dad and I previously owned. It now sits on the side of our yard.....the DeLorean while it was buried in Back to the Future III would be proud[8D].

And the fact that since this is basically a luxury car, there is pretty much no aftermarket for it.
True true; I spoke with one of the Tweeter reps and he told me the fact you managed to get your Alpine sub installed was a miracle as was (he said you won't be able to upgrade the speakers without major re-wiring of the Bose system which wouldn't be worth it).

But until then, it is an amazingly comfortable car. Just I shudder whenever something breaks.
What a combo of emotions huh?[]