Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Help....I think my Volvo is possessed

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help....I think my Volvo is possessed

My 2000 Volvo S80 is acting possessed. When I turn the car off the fan in engine does not shut off. I even waited for 3 min. and it was still running.

Need to know that this is normal or that my Volvo has a mind all of its own.

The car runs great except for the stupid check engine light. (grr..) and now when driving in the upper right of engine makes a noise like spring or coil or something is loose or not there. I don't know how to describe it. I will try this ( it is a noise that you would here in the trunk if the jack was not in it's place) That is what I thought it was and rearranged the jack but noise still there....

I apolize if I have improper English....just very frustrated....that is all

thanks

Karrilee

Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There might be someting wrong with ur climate system may be the power stage is staying on or the ccm module is faulty. Seen both problems. does it turn of eventualy and does everything operate properly when the air is being used?

As for ur suspensios most likely ur spring seats are broken need to replace them and check to see if ur shocks are still good. Also may need front link rods another common worn item.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Wink

(2 replies to fan, didn't know what fan you meant)

1)There is a relay built into the fan set up it self, next to where the wires/motor to it is, most likely this is your issue, or the relay in you relay/fuse box. Try to check junk yards for the same model volvo and get the fan set up from it and try it on yours.

Now the only other think I can think of is you car is over heating, is your temp gauge going far past the middle mark?

2)Also so you know, if you are talking about like 30 minutes after you turn the car off and then a fan noise cuts on, that is made like that to clean out your A/C vents/hoses.

---------

For your other question, that noise you hear is you "upper seat bushing" (ill link it below) it has worn out in the middle where the bar inserts through it. It can be a pain to change because you have to take the wheel off, take out the spring/strut assembled, compress spring, take apart assembly, replace the upper seat bushing, put back together, decompress spring safely and correctly into the upper seat and the lower holder, and then put back onto the car.

But I do promise that this is MOST likely your issue and here is the part as promised. UPPER SEAT STRUT MOUNT

Replace both front sides if you do this as they should both be around the same wear and tear.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Thank you for all of your wonderful information...It helps me out alot. Okay so I went thru the VADIS and how to do the stuff myself. Let's hope this ole girl can do it herself. lol...

my car does not seem like it is overheating in anyway as per the guage.

Is my car still safe to drive, until I can fix it myself???

Okay, if you know me, I have to ask another silly question.....what kind of tools do I need to buy? I have looked around in the engine and interior and they are star point. Never seen that before. Does anyone want to come to my town and help me?? That would be awesome...

Where I live the police don't seem to care if someone runs a red light. It is horrible. Okay, so here is what happened. I was at a stop light and waited for my turn me being all about saftey and my Volvo. I wait my turn and this stupid woman runs this red light and by the grace of God she didn't hit me. Then road rage hits me. I follow her in her pos pick up while talking to police who have better things to do then help me with this stuip person. She finally stops after she tries her best to get rid of the tail. I got out of my car and said. Why did you run a red light. You almost hit me. She started screamming at me and said she could do whatever she wanted and her ugly I mean ugly boyfriend says haven't you ever ran a red light before. I say no. That is wrong. This stupid girl then pushes me. I get back in my car and go to the police station. They do nothing.
So I leave.
In my car I am thinking. What a world we live in you can break the law here and nothing happens. I then thought Oh NO, I am the only one in this town that drives a Volvo, what if she comes after me and my car....

I know it was stupid for me to follow this person but she almost hit me in my Volvo and I have not even had it a month yet... I guess I am alittle obessessed about my car. lol.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
Karrilee

Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Karrilee
Thank you for all of your wonderful information...It helps me out alot. Okay so I went thru the VADIS and how to do the stuff myself. Let's hope this ole girl can do it herself. lol...

my car does not seem like it is overheating in anyway as per the guage.

Is my car still safe to drive, until I can fix it myself???

Okay, if you know me, I have to ask another silly question.....what kind of tools do I need to buy? I have looked around in the engine and interior and they are star point. Never seen that before. Does anyone want to come to my town and help me?? That would be awesome...

Where I live the police don't seem to care if someone runs a red light. It is horrible. Okay, so here is what happened. I was at a stop light and waited for my turn me being all about saftey and my Volvo. I wait my turn and this stupid woman runs this red light and by the grace of God she didn't hit me. Then road rage hits me. I follow her in her pos pick up while talking to police who have better things to do then help me with this stuip person. She finally stops after she tries her best to get rid of the tail. I got out of my car and said. Why did you run a red light. You almost hit me. She started screamming at me and said she could do whatever she wanted and her ugly I mean ugly boyfriend says haven't you ever ran a red light before. I say no. That is wrong. This stupid girl then pushes me. I get back in my car and go to the police station. They do nothing.
So I leave.
In my car I am thinking. What a world we live in you can break the law here and nothing happens. I then thought Oh NO, I am the only one in this town that drives a Volvo, what if she comes after me and my car....

I know it was stupid for me to follow this person but she almost hit me in my Volvo and I have not even had it a month yet... I guess I am alittle obessessed about my car. lol.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
Karrilee

Lmao, I don't know how crazy the woman/man you pulled over is, I have never lived in a small small town like that, plus if she pushed you that is assault and is a few nights in jail and maybe probation if a record or more. But if you have lazy red neck type police that think fishing in a hole is more important then arresting some one...then you are just out of luck! In a small town they probably are related lol

Anyways I would not mind helping you but I live to far away and I don't know any one that is near you either that could help. The star points can be bought at any auto/tool store, just get some one inside to come out and help you look at the size you will need, I would just buy a set of them though, will be cheaper in the long run. Also you still didn't say which fan it was but now I am taking a guess it is your radiator fan, if it is running longer then it should, it should not hurt your car but could run down your battery if it doesn't stop. So you know if you don't want to get a new volvo one or can't find one used (which it might be the relay inside the relay/fuse box like I said before) you can always get a aftermarket fan setup, like a double fan or a sing large one, but they most of the time hook up with a ACC wire, meaning that it comes on whenever you turn the car on and off when the car is off, not when it is at a certain temp like the stock fans.

If you are not talking about this fan please tell me which fan you are talking about, take a picture if you have too well really this is the only fan you can see in the engine, if it is the AC/Heater blower then you can't see that lol.