Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

How to remove window/lock switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove window/lock switch panel

The joystick controller for the side mirrors on my 2000 S80 lost its handle. Now there are two plastic pieces floating around in the switch and its difficult to change mirror positions (I know description is difficult to picture, but can't explain any better).

I need to remove the switch to attempt repair. How do I get the window/lock switch panel out of the door without breaking it. I know there is a torx screw behind a cover but that's as far as I get without fear of breaking it.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to remove window/lock switch panel

I don't remember the process or what holds the panel on to the door. But I did take out and replace the driver side lock assembly. All I can say is that it wasn't bad of a job at all. Just carefully find the sticking point and remove them. To take out any door panel, always start at the bottom, usually there are plastic lock & pins that hold it in. Remember, at the top, after pulling out the bottom and sides, you have to push up to get the panel out as it usually hook down into the window area. There are probably screws in the plactic holder where you pull to close the door; you might have to remove a plastic cover to get to it.

Anyway, I'm writing this at work and not looking at the car itself so it's hard to remember what I did. If you not in a hurry, I can look at the car tonight and reply tomorrow.