Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

just problems and more problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default just problems and more problems...

wow i am amazed!! all i see in this forum is problems and problems. Its good that there is this forum but also not good since it tells a lot about the car. No one talks about the fun stuff or the some cool mods they did on the car. hmmmm

Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, usually the car forums are to get information and discuss problems.
If your car is running fine the way it should, it doesn't give much reason to stop in a forum and say.... " Car is running great today, shifted great and I stopped at the stop light in time, my those brakes are sweet!." Hee
But seriously, most people who buy a s80, Aren't going to mod it up either.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by lx302
You are right, usually the car forums are to get information and discuss problems.
If your car is running fine the way it should, it doesn't give much reason to stop in a forum and say.... " Car is running great today, shifted great and I stopped at the stop light in time, my those brakes are sweet!." Hee
But seriously, most people who buy a s80, Aren't going to mod it up either.
Just my 2 cents.
So far the only thing I've modded is the stereo and that was with a good bit of caution since these cars seem to be made to not necessarily "like" being modded.

One of my biggest complaints about the car (had it since Oct 2010) is that it is just kind of boring. Not a completely bad thing since I think it is intended to be that way in the sense that you get where you are going without any drama. I merge on to the highway and find myself up to speed with almost no sound/feedback from the vehicle - which I find kind of boring, float down the road with no real sense of speed - also kind of boring - but when looking at a 12 hr round trip this weekend, cruising in comfort all the way sounds like a good kind of boring as far as road trips go...

I do suffer from occassional fits of buyer's remorse when I ponder some of the things I've read on this board regarding horror stories with the dealers and other misc mechanical gremlins. My initial experience with the car was not good at all. I had to replace the ABS module and the throttle body. On the upside, I was able to get a reman ABS and install it myself, and an aftermarket throttle body that I was also able to install. I've got a front suspension noise that is annoying but apparently not urgent since it is most likely just the spring seats. I'll probably have a local garage swap those out.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

akabond is attempting to invoke a defensive response. This individual wants to stir up trouble. Ignore and move on.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:09 AM
ed7
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I've done to my car in the past 6 months is add gasoline and drive it.
Racking up piles of miles.
Adios, dudes.
Ed

Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by tony1963
akabond is attempting to invoke a defensive response. This individual wants to stir up trouble. Ignore and move on.
Hahaha I m not!!I m just saying that it would be nice to see some mods, some interesting stuff owners did to their cars...that way they can share it with other owners..that's all..like m going to do some LED..now just shopping around for some good deals..has anyone done that to their cars before?

Old 05-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Most (and I say most, not all) S80 drivers don't bother with mods for a series of reasons. Demographics for a start. I can't imagine stuff like LED's as being particularly interesting to most S80 drivers. Motor mods arent often bothered with as the tranny in the older models cant even take the stock torque of the T6, let alone more. Theres little interest in motor mods and therefore worthwhile mods are expensive as a result there's little interest, ad infinitum.

Most of us are looking for a comfortable ride thats got a little bit of pep when you need it. The S80 in stock form does that pretty well.. There's probably better forums if you are looking for S80 modding volvospeed? I've seen the odd thread here and there on these boards, but they arent very common.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by NoLifeTilBoost
Most (and I say most, not all) S80 drivers don't bother with mods for a series of reasons. Demographics for a start. I can't imagine stuff like LED's as being particularly interesting to most S80 drivers. Motor mods arent often bothered with as the tranny in the older models cant even take the stock torque of the T6, let alone more. Theres little interest in motor mods and therefore worthwhile mods are expensive as a result there's little interest, ad infinitum.

Most of us are looking for a comfortable ride thats got a little bit of pep when you need it. The S80 in stock form does that pretty well.. There's probably better forums if you are looking for S80 modding volvospeed? I've seen the odd thread here and there on these boards, but they arent very common.
cool will check that out..thanks