Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Needing Struts and shocks

Old 02-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Default Needing Struts and shocks

Looking for advice as to brand prefrences. I saw this kit on Ebay (Item # 290202797701) and was wondering if this was a decent kit or a cheap knock off? Although the S80 is not my performance car I still like to put performance stuff on all my vehicles. This doesn't look like a performance kit but the price didn't look too hateful either. AutoZone also sells the struts alone for $179.00/each with a lifetime warranty but not sure the brand name or quality? Plus I figure I will have to replace the mounts / bearing / etc also? I'm more concerned with quality than price so any suggestions are greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance, Cameron

Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Default RE: Needing Struts and shocks

Volvo OEM or is there a better aftermarket brand that any of you have tested. The car is mainly going to be driven around town, tkaing it easy, but I would like to also have the option of being able to "dip" into turns on occasion

Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Does this look like a decent deal or Ebay an "you get what you pay for" kinda deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volvo...em290204641215

Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 AM

Not meaning to be a pain but I was just wondering if any of you think this is a good deal. Don't worry, if they didn't hold up I won't hold you to it or anything I just need to get some struts and shocks and stuff and wnated to know if this was something one of you all would put on your vehicle?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM

The auction is by FCP Groten. I think everyone here would agree that they have great prices. The items are the same as you would find on their regular site. It's all OEM quality stuff, not performance grade. So the comfort factor/ ride quality should be the same.

As far as it being a good deal, whip out the calculator. Sometimes it works out to be a better deal buying separately and sometimes it's better to buy in a bundle. Also, check against the prices on their site - make sure you get the best price.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: 01_fast_ride

The auction is by FCP Groten. I think everyone here would agree that they have great prices. The items are the same as you would find on their regular site. It's all OEM quality stuff, not performance grade. So the comfort factor/ ride quality should be the same.

As far as it being a good deal, whip out the calculator. Sometimes it works out to be a better deal buying separately and sometimes it's better to buy in a bundle. Also, check against the prices on their site - make sure you get the best price.
Awesome, thanks a million for the advice! At first I was thinking about performance geared stuff but the more I thought about it, I realized that yes this is my fiance's car so it really doesn't need to be anything special. As long as it is OEM grade that should be fine. Most of the OEM stuff on this car seems to be pretty decent as-is anyway!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:31 PM

The car does tend to kick the back out a bit if you really rough it through the corners but thats due to the fwd and the weight of the beast more than anything.. the oem suspension is superb if you ask me and the yokohama as430 AAtraction tyres i have on it just goad you on to push it to the limit .. Overall, great car to cruise in but quite fun when you want it to be..
I always said that when i had to replace parts on the car, il keep it OEM and I have managed to do that so far..