Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Rear window will not go up

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window will not go up

Afternoon,
Please bare with me because I am a novice at best with auto repairs so please provide as much info as possible.
My rear locks and windows are having issues. The main problem is the passenger rear window will not go up but will go down. I've switched the switches (rear windows) around and still doesn't work. I've read where you can unhook the switch and force the window up or down using the battery power but I have no idea what wires (6) I should hook up to to get it to move. The wire colors in order are red/black, black, blue, and yellow, green/brown, purple. Which ones do I hook power to? Can I just use the battery to generate the power? I attempted detaching the connections, cleaning them and then reattaching but to no avail. I hear a small click when I try the master but it still won't go up. I even tried the master with the rear switch at the same time and still nothing. I've read where you can attach 12v to the proper wires and then it will work but I can't figure out which wires to use. I tried the combination of all six but getting nothing.
Thank you for your assistance!
Dave

Old 10-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor

Can the window motor be bad even if the window will roll down?
UPDATE:
I've tried everything I can find on the internet:
Checking power to the rear window switch - Power present (multi meter)
Forcing the window by hand
Forcing by direct 12V to motor wires (unhook the 2 wire attachment that connect to the motor and then hook 12v directly to one wire (up/down)while grounding)
Attempted to disassemble the main window console but everything is a computer board so nowhere to sand down or clean.

I've even purchased a new main switch console and installed but nothing worked. I contacted the seller and they said I had to have the computer updated to accept the new switch so I removed and put the old one back after cleaning everything I could and still have the same problem (locks and rear passenger window won't go up)

I need help since the weather is turning here in Chicago