Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Replaced ABS Module, now Anti-Lock Service Required?

Old 08-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced ABS Module, now Anti-Lock Service Required?

I recently replaced my ABS module with a replacement module from Erie Volvo parts in NY. The part replaced and sure enough my ABS light went out which was lit, and my cruise control functions returned. My Odometer also now works again.

One issue though I notice now is the brakes feel like they don't stop as hard as they used to? They feel like coming to a hard stop that at the end of the stop they drag like the ABS is trying to activate and slow the car. It's actually quite scary the first time it happened. Before I replaced the module, this was never happening. It started to happen after I replaced the part.....

The digital readout under the temp gauge says "Anti-Lock service required". This light wasn't on before I installed the replacement ABS module. I never had any software flashed or such since installing? Could it be I need the car hooked in and reprogrammed?

Driving like this doesn't seem safe as I'm keeping my distance from everyone on the road so I know I have enough stopping time with this issue. Again, it's only under that last 20 feet of stopping and hard push on the pedal that it causes the brakes to feel like they're "ABSing". Rush hour traffic is a nightmare as I'm always worried that someone is going to slam their brakes on and I might not be able to stop the car in a halt in time.

Any ideas? Other than that the car is running great. 2004 T6.

Thanks guys?
Spank.

Last edited by spankey; 08-18-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your old ABS ECU resoldered (it takes less than hour, maybe 20$), put that on, and send new one back to Erie.