Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

S80, Diagnostic Software

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 99 s80 it cranks up and shuts off sometimes it cranks right up runs for a while then shuts off when it shuts off i have to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it running and when i get it running if i try to drive when i put it in gear to go it cuts off somebody please help asap

Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Hi,

Found this forum by accident while solving VADIS trouble..

So i installed it on my W7 .. And when i boot it up i get the message "Cannot find setup files" been playing around with the configurator but cant get it to work.. Any ideas anyone?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by xsashox
Hi,

Found this forum by accident while solving VADIS trouble..

So i installed it on my W7 .. And when i boot it up i get the message "Cannot find setup files" been playing around with the configurator but cant get it to work.. Any ideas anyone?
Maybe drop settings to default?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM

so, which cable do you guys recommend to buy for S80 volvo's to connect to laptop??
Where can I find those?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

i just bought a 1999 volvo s80 yesterday. It is my first volvo an has some problems. i work on cars for a living an know a little about obd2. my car had a dead battery for 2yrs or so an the driver side window would go down but not up i unpluged the driver door module and the it would go up and get stuck back down. i have a launch diagun scan tool an you can go in to the door module and do a relarn on the window position. it is a good scan tool seems to do alot on other cars i havent got to play around with it to much on the volvo but it looks to let you into most stuff. you can get cheap ones off ebay that are rip offs but still work i heard i have the real thing. hope the info helps i can let you know what else it can do later.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Default 2007 S80 documentation sources

It looks like my car is too new. There don't seem to be any aftermarket publishers providing repair procedures. I found a wiring diagram from Volvo for about $70 and that would pay for itself in just one successful troubleshooting attempt. It also seems there are some DVD repair manuals available but they only cover 2005 and older models. I have read this thread completely and will continue to monitor for updated info. Maybe when the car the hits 10 year mark, and repairs are more commonly needed, someone will fill the void with information for the do-it-yourself owner/mechanic. The good news that the car is under factory warranty for another 23 months and I am having no issues of any kind. I prefer to be prepared BEFORE the thing is designated VOR (vehicle off road) PH

Old 01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Default 1999 s80 t6

Hello guys ! This is my first post on this forum, registered earlier and have been doing some research before posting. I just purchased a 99 S80 T6 turbo today for a VERY good deal. Car does not start but turns over just fine. CEL is illuminated and also the service light. I have downloaded VADIS and installed just fine on w7. Made user name and selected all options, followed the directions to the t. Program takes the VIN and displays correct car but when i go to information and try to pull up anything it kicks me an error that it cant open and to contact admin. I uninstalled and reinstalled and followed all directions included in download. I have searched and searched for 2 hours on my own and now am in need of some help with vadis. Any clues what to try next ? Thanks in advance

Error Code: Cannot find ID with Value VCC: 100957. Please contact admin for help

Last edited by BVIG757; 01-18-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM

quick update, the problem was related to using internet explorer 9. Uninstalled Ie9 and went back to 8 and works perfectly, i am pleased.

Does anyone have any experience with this DICE ???? I was wondering if it work work to communicate with all the systems

NEW MVCI TOYOTA TIS HONDA HDS VOLVO DICE | eBay

Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 PM

usually u can pull the fuse for the fuel pump and start the engine and the fuel pressure will drop off and the fuel is used.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Looking into this for my 99 T6. It has had the airbag warning on for...well, just about forever I think. The car had some battery problems when my parents owned it and I bought it from them this fall. It has been on for at least 2 years, likely much longer.

Long story short, looking at this for clearing out that warning in the message center. Will this be able to do it? What sort of cable will I need? I've seen several on eBay in my research varying from ~$15-30 for a serial cable, $30-60 for USB and way on up for others. I am trying to keep the cost down as much as I can but I'm OK if it helps my resale value more than I spend.

Will a generic cable like this work? Does it matter which year of the VADIS software? I've seen 2003 and 2005 in this thread and discs for 2010 and 2011 on eBay. Haven't yet looked for a torrent.

Thanks for any help!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 AM

some of the removal and replacement instructions are kinda basic

Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM

I've lost my Cardaq so I ordered a new Tactrix Openport 2.0. As far as I can tell it hasn't been tested with Vida so I'll let you know what I find. If we can all have Vida diagnostics for less than 200 bucks these car might last a few more years before they hit the crusher.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 AM

Initial testing with the openport 2.0 failed using the same computer I used the CarDaq with. Vida sees the openport 2.0 however by pressing "READ VEHICLE" the error "Not possible to read out information from the vehicle" is displayed followed by a list of things that could cause it like ignition being off.

The Drew Technologies J2534-1 tool partially reads the Openport. It read that it is installed and has drivers but upon selecting it read "No boxes found" in the device pull down. However, by pressing the "open" button it WILL open a connection to the Openport allowing you to "connect" on a VERY basic level with the ECU, via the listed compatible protocols. This is NOT VIDA functioning with the Openport, but it Openport functioning with basic J2534-1 diagnostic software from/for another manufacturers J2534 device.

Worth noting when selected in the Drew Technologies tool, the Openport is listed as supporting J1850VPW, J1850PWM, ISO9141, ISO14230, CAN, ISO15765 protocols which is more than the Drew Technologies CAN Mongoose supports. While the Cardaq lists SCI_A_ENGINE, SCI_A_TRANS, SCI_B_ENGINE, SCI_B_TRANS, CAN_PS, ISO15765_PS, SW_CAN_PS, SW_ISO15765_PS on top of the Openport protocols listed. Also I never noticed any VIDA problems with the Cardaq and the functions I needed, despite the CarDaq not supporting J1939.

Things to try,VIDA installation on native XP laptop with Openport. Learning more about J2534 at a lower level.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:14 AM

I heard a lot about VADIS software program. It's really good for your S80 volvo car. Most of the person prefer to downloading a vadis software from internet.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM

Volvo application called VIDA (Vehicle Information and Diagnostics for Aftersales), which replaced the VADIS (Volvo Aftersales Diagnostics Information System)
ETKA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-14-2014, 11:18 PM

Forgive me, its my first post. I don't know if im late or off topic here, but I was told by Autel that their MD702 will read and clear ABS SRS and Transmission codes.. The unit is 230 bucks. Is this correct?

Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM

In case anyone else reads this and is wondering, I just bought an icarsoft i906.. shipped from Virginia and reads/clears every module in my Volvo.. Cost was 85 shipped. Its AMAZING! ABS light was on.. read then reset it. jump started it and tripped the ABS. It also told me that my Throttle body was bad and that I need a seatbelt tensioner for the SRS. Has live data stream also so you can see everything like brake temp, throttle position values, and a boat load of others... Just figured id let you all know. Its totally Volvo specific. Covers all makes and models w/ an OBD II connector.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by jeiiomix
In case anyone else reads this and is wondering, I just bought an icarsoft i906.. shipped from Virginia and reads/clears every module in my Volvo.. Cost was 85 shipped. Its AMAZING! ABS light was on.. read then reset it. jump started it and tripped the ABS. It also told me that my Throttle body was bad and that I need a seatbelt tensioner for the SRS. Has live data stream also so you can see everything like brake temp, throttle position values, and a boat load of others... Just figured id let you all know. Its totally Volvo specific. Covers all makes and models w/ an OBD II connector.
thanks for that info, very helpful,...! can you give me a direct link or phone number to that place in Virginia? I think I found the one but its says something about Alibaba....??wanna make sure I got the right one & not some fake site & get ripped off....

Old 03-28-2014, 08:52 AM

their number is 7038900906.. website is icarsoft.us and email is info@icarsoft.us They sent it out the same day I ordered it, paid via paypal and got it two days later. I love it. Its paid for itself many times over so far. Ask for Cynthia... She was the one I spoke to and seemed to understand best. Make sure you order the i906 Volvo.. not the generic OBD-II.

Last edited by jeiiomix; 03-28-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: forgot to add info
Old 07-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Default Which i906 model ?

iCarsoft seems to have 2 i906's for Volvo

One has a HELP button in the center of the keypad..

the other does not have a HELP button...

.Which one is the new model with the Vida/Dice capability...

Thanks,
Newbee George....1st post...

Quick Reply: S80, Diagnostic Software