Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors

I’ve had my Volvo for a few years. Well taken care of. About two years ago I did a diagnostic and it read something about S101____ I don’t remember the rest nor will the code appear again. Took to two different shops. Now I remember the code being for a sensor, I don’t remember which one. Now I’ve been doing a process of elimination to the symptoms my baby is having. So the O2 sensors are out. The coolant is out. The Camshaft I believe is out. So I’m having a rev/strong jerk and the accelerator goes up. I’m thinking about the throttle position or mass flow, fuel injection manifold. And I also considered the air cleaner.
I was just about to sell the car and this problem occurred. Want to get it fix weather I sell or keep. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Allseason
I’ve had my Volvo for a few years. Well taken care of. About two years ago I did a diagnostic and it read something about S101____ I don’t remember the rest nor will the code appear again. Took to two different shops. Now I remember the code being for a sensor, I don’t remember which one. Now I’ve been doing a process of elimination to the symptoms my baby is having. So the O2 sensors are out. The coolant is out. The Camshaft I believe is out. So I’m having a rev/strong jerk and the accelerator goes up. I’m thinking about the throttle position or mass flow, fuel injection manifold. And I also considered the air cleaner.
I was just about to sell the car and this problem occurred. Want to get it fix weather I sell or keep. Any input would be appreciated.
I have the same problem with mine here and there.
From what I found from doing some research on the web, I think it could be a few things that would cause the problem. The most popular part that would cause the problem would be the ETM ( electronic throttle body) being dirty. I've also heard that the brake pedal position sensor that's in the brake booster can cause it too , I'm not sure why though. But one tool I did buy because I didn't want to keep bugging the mechanics and parts store , I bought a scan tool meant to be able read the Volvo computer fully. I found one on eBay made by icarsoft for around $100 best $100 I think I have spent. Anyway I this helps and I hope you find what is wrong with your baby (Volvo)

Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by e.mence440
I have the same problem with mine here and there.
From what I found from doing some research on the web, I think it could be a few things that would cause the problem. The most popular part that would cause the problem would be the ETM ( electronic throttle body) being dirty. I've also heard that the brake pedal position sensor that's in the brake booster can cause it too , I'm not sure why though. But one tool I did buy because I didn't want to keep bugging the mechanics and parts store , I bought a scan tool meant to be able read the Volvo computer fully. I found one on eBay made by icarsoft for around $100 best $100 I think I have spent. Anyway I this helps and I hope you find what is wrong with your baby (Volvo)
thanks. I’m looking into getting new throttle position

Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Default I just don’t get it

You would think this part doesn’t exist. The way they act when I ask for it. Duhhh

Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Allseason
You would think this part doesn’t exist. The way they act when I ask for it. Duhhh
They can be found on eBay, just do a search for 2000 or whatever year yours is Volvo S80 tps on the eBay search bar. Hope this helps.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks. I also watched a video where the guy rebuilt his basically he bought the sensor and kept his original throttle body. Hmmmm. Because my local stores want $740 without core.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:54 AM

The funny part is about 10 years ago this same part was recalled on the car. And now they say it’s not listed. Glad to know recalls do fall off.