Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Tpms

Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Default Tpms

Hello:

recently had the tires rotated and during the rotation one of the valves were broken on the tire so it had to be replaced witha rubber valve stem. Discount ordered a new one and isntalled it and now weeks gone by without the light going out saying the tire pressure monitoring needs servicing. Any ideas? Discount is paying for Volvo to look at it, and it may seem that you have to use Volvo sensors?

Thanks
C

Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Yeah, you need to use Volvo sensors and you need to have Volvo initialize the new one to the car.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 PM

Thanks! I figured as much, I have always owned foreign cars and it seems sometimes only OEM parts are the only ones that work. Discount didn't know what to do- had me go in verify pressure etc, replace another sensor. so now they are paying for Volvo to look at the issue - which about a week ago Volvo told me it was a software update. After the software update the light did go off but came back on after 20 miles. So I called them and they said they would order new sensors. This dealer seems really secretive about what is going on, so I thought that I would ask the forum to see if anyone had experience with this. I am going in on Friday - hopefully its the sensors since I am out of warranty.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM

Did you tell them what happened? If you told them one broke and was replaced with a normal stem, it should be pretty simple- it needs a sensor. Not sure why they would dona software update, there are no bulletins about that that I am aware of.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Yes I did - on my Volvo App there is a recall for the issue I assumed they loaded that software.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
KFZ
Default Kfz

I had all four valve stem/sensors on my 2009 S 80 fail before 48 months. The first failure came at 51,000 miles and caused what I thought at the time was a tire blow out. Upon changing the tire, the stem fell inside the wheel. The tire was ruined, and the local Michelin dealer said they are seeing this quite frequently, where the stem locking nut corrodes away causing the failure. Since this happened at 51,000 miles, both Volvo and the dealer (Evans Motors of Dayton), quickly danced away from covering under warranty. Anyone else seeing this kind of safety defect?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 PM

wow ..you should contact volvo company and notify NHTSA immediately

Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM

When I had the problem it was around 53K miles -

With my issues since the alert would not go off Discount paid for my stems to be replaced with Volvo sensors, after some after markets did not work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tpms

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.