Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Water on the Floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on the Floor

I have a 2005 S80. There has been an issue where the carpeting on the floor (mostly driver's side) gets soaking wet. Took it to the dealer and they looked in the dash and checked everything including AC drains. There are no leaks on the sunroof, no antifreeze smell in the water, nor have I lost any coolant level. Didn't leave the windows open in a rainstorm either. This has happened twice.

Any idea what this may be?

Old 02-12-2012, 05:28 PM

check the drain lines going to the front black pnls at the front of the windshield. have you been running the A/C? the drain from the Evap housing might have come loose at the firewall and dumping the condensation into the floorboard rather out the firewall. Remember if you have the defrost on then the A/C will run to help dry the air. Or the line might have a crack in it. You might look at the windshield as well. Look towards the lower end to see if the sealant is cracking or any voids are present. You can take a pitcher of water and pour it at the suspected area once it is dry and see if the symptoms reappear. However, that means you will just be wetting the floorboards again. But you will know where it is coming from to fix. I would only do one area every other day so you don't get false results.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lunger
check the drain lines going to the front black pnls at the front of the windshield. have you been running the A/C? the drain from the Evap housing might have come loose at the firewall and dumping the condensation into the floorboard rather out the firewall. Remember if you have the defrost on then the A/C will run to help dry the air. Or the line might have a crack in it. You might look at the windshield as well. Look towards the lower end to see if the sealant is cracking or any voids are present. You can take a pitcher of water and pour it at the suspected area once it is dry and see if the symptoms reappear. However, that means you will just be wetting the floorboards again. But you will know where it is coming from to fix. I would only do one area every other day so you don't get false results.
Thanks. I'll check that the dealer checked all these things!