Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S90 & V90 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s90-v90-40/)
-   -   New s90 Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s90-v90-40/new-s90-forum-7677/)

S70driver 09-11-2006 04:10 PM

New s90 Forum

Lets start filling this forum up with s90 people and their questions.

kurtdaniel 12-09-2009 02:32 AM

there were lots of input for that thread..congrats..tnx,,for the links..i enlisted racepages.com there where I bought my new lowering springs..that a great online store..

rspi 01-05-2010 07:57 AM

Man, these cars are near perfect. We have almost nothing to add.

psalm346 10-14-2010 06:14 PM

just bought a '98 S90 for my 16 year old. so far so good. I have some concerns about a few issues, but for the most part the car was so well maintained by the previous owner that I hope to get another 100,000 out of it. Any input on poor am radio reception (the fm is fine), a loose windshield ( I think it just needs to be reset) and slightly noisy wipers (they "moan" a little after prolonged use) would be greatly appreciated.

viljur 04-12-2011 03:21 PM

Volvo S90 Backup Sensor Installation

Has anyone installed the backup sensors in the rear bumper of the S90? Did you take off the bumper or just drill through the whole bumper--there is a spot where it feels it is about 2" thick....Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

carinmcdermott 04-17-2011 05:12 PM

Check engine light

My S90 has been running fairly well but the check engine light came on and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen. I am taking the car in to get checked but would like some input from the masses. Does anybody have a clue what might be happening.

carinmcdermott 04-17-2011 05:17 PM

Stereo Won't reset

After having my car out of order for quite a while the CODE message came up on the screen. I put in the code wrong and now I can't get it to reset. I have tried several things suggested by other members. I unhooked the battery, left the ignition on accessory for two hours, changed the fuse and removed the stereo for a day. None of these things worked. I'm pretty sure the stereo still works because OFF still comes up on the screen. Any suggestions apart from replacing the stereo?

rspi 04-17-2011 09:59 PM

I always have to leave it ON for 2 hours. Don't do anything else to cause it to need to start the 2 hour clock over again.

40. Radio Wont Come One - Where Is the Security Code?

Cannot start radio after putting in new battery

rspi 04-17-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by carinmcdermott (Post 267029)
My S90 has been running fairly well but the check engine light came on and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen. I am taking the car in to get checked but would like some input from the masses. Does anybody have a clue what might be happening.

There are about 492 different reasons the CEL came on. Get it scanned at autozone or somewhere and post back with the code. Better yet, you may want to save yourself some trouble and get yourself a scanner.

sgould 06-17-2011 06:40 AM

Hey everybody, I just posted a new post on "engine lock" by sgould. Does anybody know how long if at all we usually get a response on that type of problem? Thanks so much!!!

macjonny 02-07-2012 10:44 PM

Canon s90 iso 200 f2 1/10. Handheld. Straight from camera, no post processing. Resized by flickr for easier upload. The game, based on the images shown at the press conference, retains its classic graphics style. One huge reveal for the console port, however, is that it's coming complete with Kinect functionality.

Nickolus 08-11-2012 08:50 PM

where to get after market auto body parts 960, S90 (apron etc.)

Hi I have an S90 and need a lil help.
To make a long story short. Mom's car then older sisters car who wrecked it, now my car. So I am needing front fender aprons for a 97 volvo S90. My sister was hit twice about a month apart on each side bent the top of the apron where the fender bolts on. I could easly just pull out the wrinkle and slap on a new fender but I want to fix it right. I cannot find any new fender aprons on line and its driving me nuts because if I enter honda instead of volvo I get $45 on ebay all day long. So I was hoping some one could help me out.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater

kg4ibj 09-16-2013 05:58 PM

I have a 97 S90 and the CEL code is PO103. Any thoughts on what I can do short of spending $200 for a new Mass Airflow Sensor? The air filter was replaced and the oil changed right after purchasing the car, but perhaps there is more that can be done?

s90sedan 12-19-2013 10:59 AM

S90 Serpentine belt tensioner tool

Hello;
Thanks for the forum on the S90. It is great.

I live in Brisbane, Australia and own an S90 that I in-herited from my father. The car has travelled about 130,000km and I would like to overhaul the serpentine and timing belts and associated parts.

I have purchased the parts from the USA but have no tool for the serpentine belt tensioner.

I was wondering if there was available for sale the 19mm / 3/4 inch square steel shaft used with the serpentine belt tensioner.
Thank You.

rspi 12-19-2013 12:52 PM

Sad to say that the hole is smaller than 3/4". I had to purchase a custom piece of metal to use. You can also go to a plumbers store and get a metal plumbing cap to fit in the hole and turn it with a pipe wrench.

I do have and sell the tool but shipping to you would likely be $15 or more. I can ship you one if you'd like.

https://volvoforums.com/forum/sale-t...nsioner-66497/

rspi 12-19-2013 12:53 PM

http://atthetipwebs.com/technologyin...0/PICT1195.JPG

s90sedan 12-20-2013 04:22 PM

S90 Serpentine belt tensioner tool

Hi;
Thanks for the advice / information and option to purchase a made up tool for the serpentine belt tensioner for my S90.

I have checked some auto parts companies here and no luck.

I will explore making a tool and see where that takes me.

Thanks;
Lee.

VDonkey 12-20-2013 04:51 PM

Hi s90sedan,

rspi's tool is more convenient than my method.

I use a 3/4 inch drive "t bar" but this only fits after removing the fan which is kind of a hassle. With the extra clearance you get by removing the fan you will also be able to use a 3/4 drive adapter on a smaller ratchet.

KD tools has a nice looking tool but it's part of a kit. Check out "KD 3680D" it's fifty bucks but the 3/4 drive piece is very small and should fit in there without removing the fan.