Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

Parking brake temporarily unavailable error

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 06:29 PM
CME
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking brake temporarily unavailable error

I am getting the above error. Does anyone know how to remove it? The car runs fine, and the electronic parking brake works. It's just the error display that appears on the display.

Thanks

Old 11-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 479 Posts

Have you scanned the car with an OBD2 code reader to check / clear the underlying fault code? This error can be caused by a system voltage issue or worn rear brake pads - have you had the car serviced recently to check for pad wear? Any other odd error messages or starting issues to suggest a voltage event?

Old 11-10-2022, 03:57 PM
CME

Have not scanned. Where would I get this scanner? No indication of worn brake pads. No other errors, etc. I was hoping there was a trick to get it to go away, something I could do myself, like rebooting or whatever.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 479 Posts

big box auto parts stores like Autozone will loan the scanners but you can ask a dealer or an independent mechanic to scan. Mine will do it for free and some dealers will send a service advisor out to do a quick check for you w/o charge on the assumption they will get the job if you need work done. If your rear pads haven't been checked in a while, you may want to do that as well. If you do a winter tire change-over, that's a good time to inspect the pads.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:21 PM
CME

Originally Posted by mt6127
big box auto parts stores like Autozone will loan the scanners but you can ask a dealer or an independent mechanic to scan. Mine will do it for free and some dealers will send a service advisor out to do a quick check for you w/o charge on the assumption they will get the job if you need work done. If your rear pads haven't been checked in a while, you may want to do that as well. If you do a winter tire change-over, that's a good time to inspect the pads.
Thanks so much! I'll get it scanned, and hopefully, that will solve the problem.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Default I had this issue

Originally Posted by CME
I am getting the above error. Does anyone know how to remove it? The car runs fine, and the electronic parking brake works. It's just the error display that appears on the display.

Thanks
​​​​​​
there is a tsb for this issue. It can be fine for a while, and then the parking brake can fail. It can fail in the on or off position.
The problem is the wires run down the rear suspension arm and the constant flexing can cause fatigue in the wires until they fail. If you are under warranty, I would have it checked at the dealer. It took me taking it to two different dealers to get it fixed properly.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:03 AM
CME

Originally Posted by Derbagger
​​​​​​
there is a tsb for this issue. It can be fine for a while, and then the parking brake can fail. It can fail in the on or off position.
The problem is the wires run down the rear suspension arm and the constant flexing can cause fatigue in the wires until they fail. If you are under warranty, I would have it checked at the dealer. It took me taking it to two different dealers to get it fixed properly.
Thanks. Would you point me to the TSB. I can't find it.