Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

Central Locking Fault NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking Fault NEED HELP

Hi, i own a volvo v40 1998 R reg 2.0 and my central locking has stopped working in the drivers door! Its been like this for a week, i thought id give it some time before i did anything major as i thought it would just pop up so in the meantime ive been climbing over the gearstick this week[:@]!! I have tried a few things during the week like spraying wd 40 downthe door knobto see if it would help and ive sprayed into the lock itself to, ive also tried pulling the door handle inside the car while trying to lift the **** as it pops up like volvo said to try, and ive tried the key in the lock manually and that wont work, i have also disconnected the battery and tried that also,i have heardthat i cant put a rod or thin metal down between the glass and the rubber seal to try and lift the **** upas apparently there is some anti theft thing fitted by volvo preventing this approach? just going on what ive heard,ive also accidently pulled the rod out of the interior handle as ive tried that many times but im quite sure i can fix that if i could get the dam panel off! The main problem is i cant access the screws keeping the panel in its place becasue i cant open the door to access them! So everyone ive asked already thinks i can open the door but i cant. Im at my wits end here as i cannot afford to pay volvo to fix this, also im unsure as to what parts to order for this from a scrapyard as ive heard there maybe two bits i need. ANY help here guys would be appreciated VERY VERY much as im hoping to try to fix this at the weekend fingers crossed eh!