Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

Radio code

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code

I decided to disconnect the battery on my V40 to carry out a repair to the electronic control module (headlight relays), however, with that job successfully completed, I can't find the security code anywhere to get the radio back on.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM

I had the same problem just ring the volvo main dealer if it is an original player they will have the code on their database and should not charge for this

Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Davecrawf
I decided to disconnect the battery on my V40 to carry out a repair to the electronic control module (headlight relays), however, with that job successfully completed, I can't find the security code anywhere to get the radio back on.
Where have you looked? The radio code is on a card that came with the car. You may find it in the glovebox. Also look at the owners manual, page by page. You may find that the dealer or someone else wrote the code in the manual, perhaps at the radio section.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Thanks guys. I actually went one step further and tried to guess the code, and ended up locked out after too may tries!

Following your advice, I contacted my local dealer, who were very helpfull, and told me to leave the radio turned on for at least 3 hours to reset, then I would be able to enter the code they gave me from my registration number. All sorted, I would never have guessed to leave the radio switched on for 3 hours!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM

How can I solve my problem with radio code? I have "OFF" on my display. I know my code but I made a mistake 3 times. How can I restore my radio by myself?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn't anybody read any more? Dohhh!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leave radio switched on for the 3 hours to reset as described above and then re-enter the code the dealer gave you again.
Should work unless the radio is not the original manufactured installed unit.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 PM

ignition key on 1 then turn radio ON for 2 hours. it will ask for code. code is 4425. good luck

Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM

May be more than 2 hours, possibly 3 o 4, but the radio will eventually revert to "enter code" The dealer will be happy to give you the code when you let them know your car reg. If it is the original radio you will be able to enter the code and have a working radio.
I left the car on the drive with the ignition key in, but locked the car with my spare key.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Guys, welcome to VolvoForums.

You will do good by reading the sticky threads in the General Volvo Chat. It has all kinds of good stuff in there, especially for new owners and FAQ's.

As for the code, every car/radio has a different code. If the radio is the original one from new, the code may be in the owners manual papers on a card. If you can not find the card, you can call the dealer for it, most will make you prove ownership before they release the code. Many have come to the conclusion that no one, I mean NO ONE is stealing old Volvo radios and will just give you the code.

If the radio has been changed it is likely written on the side of the radio. If it is not on the side of the radio, you can call the dealer, give them the model # and serial number and they can find the code for that specific radio that way. If a dealer gives you a hard time, call another dealer across town or across the country.

The instructions are in the owners manual. If you don't have an owners manual you can view it on-line here:
Volvo Owners' Manuals | Owners' Manuals | Your Volvo | Top Navigation | www.volvocars.com/us

Here is the DIY thread about radio codes and other good things here:
https://volvoforums.com/forum/genera...-owners-52250/