Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

Is your keyless entry remote not working???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is your keyless entry remote not working???

I apologize for posting this in this section of the forum but figured I might get a better response for asking here...

If your keyless remote is not working but still looks pretty good I am looking to buy 1 or 2. I have 2 remotes that work well, however, they were damaged and are so cracked up its kinda annoying and looks like crap. I'd rather give someone a few bucks for a non-functioning that spend $100 plus for a new one and get it reprogrammed.

I simply want to get rid of that giant wad of tape in my pocket I call a keyless remote. Anyone have such an item?

-pete

Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 AM

NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: All previous transmitter identification codes (TIC's) will be erased when programming mode is entered.

NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the generic electronic module (GEM)(14B204), carry out the following steps.

Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN eight times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. If the GEM has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and unlock all the doors.
NOTE: The first TIC must be entered within 7.5 seconds of entering the program mode Keeping the Weight Offand additional TICs must be entered within 7.5 seconds of the first TIC. The programming mode is exited whenever the timing constraints are not met.

Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait for several seconds and press the button again.
Turn the ignition switch Fettabsaugungto the OFF position, or wait up to five minutes after step 1, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the GEM will lock and unlock all the doors one last time.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM

does this apply to a 98 v70 r keyless entry remote? thanks.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:27 AM
Default Keyless remotes not working

Hello all - back to Volvo ownership again! Just bought a very nice '97 850 base, one-owner, 103K original miles, and the keyless entry does not operate. The key operates the door locks and the alarm, so I know that's good. Owner said remotes haven't worked in some time. Put fresh batteries in the remotes - neither work.. Tried both the 5 and the 8 turn-on methods mentioned on other threads to program, no luck. I believe my receiver may be discontinued by Volvo, so I'm shopping junk yards. I think my receiver is not to the right of the glove box, I don't know where the location is then. Any suggestions? Am I missing anything? Thanks!