Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

2005 coil wiring and firing order

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 coil wiring and firing order

hello, first post. I just purchased a 2005 v50 that has been overheated. I'm sure it needs a headgasket but id like see it run a bit before diving in. the coil wires had melted to the valve cover blowing the ignition fuse. I peeled back all the wire loom and repaired all the shorted or damaged wires. I replaced the coils, wires and attempted to start the engine but got a cough out the turbo, I'm guessing I somehow mixed up the firing order 9it was hard to tell what went where after removing the loom, I had marked the coils with sharpie but not well enough as most the numbers are now illegible. I found a electrical wiring booklet for this vehicle, its huge and rather hard to read. I was just hoping someone could tell me the wire colors left to right on the motor for the odd wire only. as in every coil has a black and a green wire. I'm hoping someone can give me the other wires color left to right. thanks, its looking like I might be spending some time here for awhile. nice board.