Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

Daytime Running Lights

Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime Running Lights

for those of u who aren't aware.. canadian laws require i have daytime running lights, and so my headlights, no matter what i do, always stay on when the car is started.. is this just a simple relay? i was thinking of getting a relay from abroad where they don't require drl's and just pop that in.. would that work or is there more to it?

thx

Old 08-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights

You can have the computer re-programmed so that the off position will actually turn the lights off. I am in the US and my car also runs the lights regardless of the position of the switch (unless it was in parking light mode). My next trip to the dealer, I am getting it re-programmed (about $100 they said). You may have a problem getting it done at a Canadian dealer since it is law that running lights be on (even if you don't have running lights, they are the usual low beams). If you are near the US, you may want to get it done there. You will probably get busted by the cops if they don't see the running lights though. One other thought is to use the parking light position to leave all other lights on but turn off the low beams. This is what I am doing now until I see the dealer.

Cheers...

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights

ORIGINAL: NipZ

for those of u who aren't aware.. canadian laws require i have daytime running lights, and so my headlights, no matter what i do, always stay on when the car is started.. is this just a simple relay? i was thinking of getting a relay from abroad where they don't require drl's and just pop that in.. would that work or is there more to it?

thx
oh, thanks for the info
I will turnthe headlights on all the time in Canada.