Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

Help adding FM Modulator or Aux Input

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help adding FM Modulator or Aux Input

Greetings

I have asked the Swedes and my local Dealship about how to go about doing this ot add the ability to listen to my MP3 Player. They pointed to each other and neither had a clue.

Are there any shop manuals for this car?
How hard is it to remove the panels in the rear compartment to access the FM Tuner?

I am frustrated that Volvo went through all the work to install a dynamite sounding Audio System but did not allow for AUX input or the ability to play MP3 discs. What were they thinking!!?

Old 03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Default See this thread for updates

Volvo Forums Audio

Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Default RE: Help adding FM Modulator or Aux Input

I have a new V50 in Athens, Greece I am pleased so far. For what you asking I had already asked for it before buing the car. The answer from my dealer is this: To make your CD-player to play MP3 is only downloading the correct software from Volvo to your CD-player through Internet. The problem is that Volvo doesn't give the authority to my dealer to download the software because Volvo believes that MP3 is stealling properties. There is no other way to connect an extra MP3 player to your CDplayer because the unit does not have AUX input. If you know the manifacturer of your CD player maybe you can try to find the software from him directly. My information is that the unit is some old model of Alpine but it is not sure. I am waiting my dealer to ask Volvo what model is installed and I am trying to find anything at Internet.

Teo from Athens

Old 04-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: grochef

Greetings

I have asked the Swedes and my local Dealship about how to go about doing this ot add the ability to listen to my MP3 Player. They pointed to each other and neither had a clue.

Are there any shop manuals for this car?
How hard is it to remove the panels in the rear compartment to access the FM Tuner?

I am frustrated that Volvo went through all the work to install a dynamite sounding Audio System but did not allow for AUX input or the ability to play MP3 discs. What were they thinking!!?

Well if you have an iPod mp3 player I think it is possibe to purchase a ipod connection directly from the dealership. Some years it's only offered in a FM modulator and some years you can get it in a direct connection, probably through the cd changer plug. Call up your local dealership and see if they have any ideas for you.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:59 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As of 7 July 05 Volvo sells an iPod adapter (w527). It appears that it retrofits ONLY the s60, v70, xc70, s80 models 2001 and newer.
REG