Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

V50 Immobiliser ..driving me mad...well not driving at all !!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V50 Immobiliser ..driving me mad...well not driving at all !!

Hi,
I have my mates 2007 Volvo V50 sport manual estate milage 95,000 ...so out of warrantee ..stuck in my garage...in the snow.

I let my friend borrow my garage to tint his beloved volvo windows...he played his CD all day..and when it was time to go home...the battery on the volvo gave up. eeerrrggghh ...errgghh...ergh!!...if you know what i mean

We charged it back up ...but we just get ....Immobiliser see manual.. message on the dash. We tryed the locking and unlocking 5 times trick but it had no effect. The car just wont even turn over. Tried jump start...nothing!!!..but i think the battery is fine.

We checked all the fuses under the bonnet too...couldn't find where the other fuses were hidding though...think they in pessenger seat well but they are too good at hide and seek for me and my back.

I got recovery man out..he looked at it for well over 50 seconds in the snow before jumping back in cosy 4x4...shouting "main dealer mate..immobiliser" Well i could have saved him a journey ...but my mate has just been hit by redundancy on Friday...and doesn't have main dealer money now ...well he never did!

What we need desparately are some ideas ...the car is absoluelty vital in the next couple of days...Christmas cross country airport friends/family pick ups and drops...he's already missed one last night...ggggrrrr!!!

The car worked fine before he flattened the battery...so i dont see why it shouldn't again..without main dealer big bucks help!

Oh and PS:.... what the hell does &amp mean? seen it on here don't understand.

Well it will make his christmas if anyone can help!!

Merry Xmas from ..Tim xxx...for any girl machics out there