Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

02 V70 T5 Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 V70 T5 Sunroof

Only 1 week with MY new car (02 V70 T5) and I have already logged more sunroof repair hours, than driving hours...
Upon purchase the sunshade was stuck open. And the sunroof motor would make that awful noise it makes when it does'nt function properly. After removing the glass, i discovered a broken sunshade clip/guide. It caused some scraping of metal on the rail. After removing the sunshade i tried to clean and smooth out the rails best as possible (dremel kit n cloths). Put it back together and could get a smooth slideup and down but window would only retract 1/3 of max possible. Took it a part/cleaned/studied(here on this site)/dreamed...
But no matter the adjustment, or key + doorlock "trick" I could apply so far. Its the same result. Only opens 1/3 of the way...
So when the rail guides are connected, (as if window would be attached properly) it only achieves 1/3 opening potential. When they are disconnected i can operate the switch to make it "fully" open.
Also at NO time, has the sunroof been able to find the "automatic lock" position, so it just slides back down, stopping at 1/3 open. I also cannot get it to stop "whistleing" while driving down the road no matter how close the "window level" is to the "car roof level", IT STILL WHISTLES... Really light, but i hear it!

1) Is the real problem the rail that was damaged by the sunshade clip, or is it just not clean enough yet?
2) How do you remove the headliner to access the rails?
2a) How is the big square Main Dome light and rearview mirror removed? Only write-up i can find is NOT detailed enough for me.

Thanks in Advance!