Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

ABS/TRACS light, and MAPsensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ABS/TRACS light, and MAPsensor

I have just recently purchased this 98 V70XC and the ABS/TRACS lights have a mind of their own. They will come on every time I start the car, and stay on, for 2 or 3 days...THEN....will come on at first, and immediately go out and stay out for several days. The car runs and drives fine, no "strange" noises, etc. I have read up on getting the module rebuilt, and I don't have a problem doing that if that is really the problem.....just wondering if there is ANYTHING else I need to check out before getting one.

ALSO....check engine light comes on every time the car is started. I have a OBDII code reader, and it always shows that code P0108 is thrown. It is my understanding that is the MAPSsensor. Is there anything else I should do before replacing the sensor?

THANKS!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 12:32 AM

I haven't seen much any of the members have posted on checking out the ABS system when it is acting like yours. I went through this process too a few years back and pulled all the wheel sensors and cleaned them with no change until I had Vitor Rocha fix mine. The hardest part was finding the super small torx drivers needed. Don't know if your year has these, but my 2001 did, and I ended up getting the tool from Victor for a very reasonable price.

You don't see any difference in how the car drives, as it is only in an emergency you need the ABS. Normal breaking this never engages. When you need it.....YOU'LL REALLY NEED IT!!!!

Can't comment on the code you posted.

Jerry

Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 AM

Thanks Jerry! When you cleaned the wheel sensors, do I understand you to say that the ABS/TRACS light DID or DID NOT stay on? I am really mystified by mine, because yesterday and today.....hasn't come on at all, except like they normally would when starting the car....grrrr!!!