Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

How remove top of driver side dash section 2001 V70

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How remove top of driver side dash section 2001 V70

My odometer section of dash just went dark. Speedometer, Clock, Outside Temperature, Warning lights are all fine. From reviewing forum, I see this may be light bulb only and that i need to remove top side of driver side dash to access light bulbs. How do I remove the top section of the dashboard above the driver's side instrument panel to access these light bulbs? Thank you for helping out a newbie.
maine1946

Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I copied this quite some time ago, but have never validated whether it works or not. Might be easy enough to give it a try.

So I noticed that people on here in earlier topics have been discussing whether to pull the dash pad off completely or just take loose the driver side in order to get the gauge cluster out. Well what I did was a lot easier and quicker, just take the plastic panel under the driver side of the dash down and just reach up and replace the bulb that is blown. I didn’t have to do anything with the dash and it only took a couple minutes. Once that plastic panel is down, you can look up with a flashlight and see the whole back of the cluster. Just thought I would throw that info out there.

HERE IS ANOTHER POST I COPIED. AGAIN NOT VALIDATED AND NOT KNOW WHICH YEAR AND MODEL IT APPIES.

It's really quite easy on your car.
Lower your steering wheel and pull it out to the extended position to give you more room, then:
1. Make sure your car is off and your key completely pulled out of the ignition and wait at least a minute (this is very important).
2. Pull the plastic surround that is around your instrument cluster straight out and out of the way (a bit of a tug...get it out evenly so you don't break it).
3. There are 4 screws that hold the instrument cluster in place...one in each corner. Undo them and then disconnect the connector in the back and your instrument cluster will come straight out.

When reinstalling, don't turn your key on until everything is plugged back up and in its place.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Jerry