Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Problems with my new 2009 V70, any similar experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my new 2009 V70, any similar experience?

I bought a brand new 2009 V70 with 10 miles on it in July. After one month, the power steering motor started making loud noise. I took the car to the dealership and they said there's a faulty power steering reservoir that was causing not enough power steering fluid passing thru the motor. They didn't have the parts so I had to go back couple weeks later. During the repair, the service manager told me that one of the power steering high pressure hose was broken/cracked and they had to order the part. I was kind upset, but what could I do? So I went home with a S40 loaner. They finally fixed this power steering problem couple days later.
Last week, I noticed the car pulling to the right when driving. I had to constantly adjust the wheel to the left in order to drive straight. Obviously that's the alignment issue. I only had the car for three months and it had less than 2000 miles on it! How could a brand new car lose alignment especially I've been driving very carefully and avoiding potholes on the road? Again, I took the car to the dealership last Friday and they were able to do the alignment for free.
I like this car, but the build quality starts concerning me. Three trips to the dealership to service my new car in the first three months obviously is not a good sign. Has anyone had similar experience like I had? I have a 6-year old Mazda and been driving it in the worst possible road condition and never had any wheel alignment issue. Is it normal that wheel alignment needs to be adjusted that often for Volvo? What more possible problem will I be facing?