Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Shady

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady

Brake light bulbreplacement. I have prised-off the speaker grill, pulled out the red tab (not completely ie as far as it will come) pressed down the black pin above the red tab BUT I cannot seem to twist out the speaker. I,m reluctant to sus brute force - any tips please?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 AM

Hmm, you might want to reword that.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Work on your typing?

Just push on the tab and it should come right out easy. If not, you're doing it wrong. Just take a minute and look at it close. It'll make sense.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Default Brake Light - attn J Tapper

Thank you J. Tapper for your helpful hint. I tried again and although I understood what should happen, the speaker refused to pop out and I was reluctant to force it. Thus I took the car to my local garage where it is serviced and they said they would sort it but could not do it immediately - "come back in half an hour" they said. True to their word when I returned they had replaced the bulb and charged me £10 which is not too steep a price. Didn't get to see them do it :-) trade secret no doubt. Subsequently when I again tried to do it (just to prove I could do it) I failed :-( Need to get some training, not only in typing. Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me - it is much appreciated.
Shady