Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Throttle body sensor and other problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body sensor and other problems!

I took my 2001 V70 T5 to the local Volvo Dealership to have warning lights (airbag and engine service light) reset and work carried out if necessary.
The mechanic had a very lengthy discussion with me on the phone before commencing, more or less as follows:
You require a throttle body sensor but we don't know if that will cure the engine service required light.
There are so many faults with the airbag system we don't know where to begin; we could start to repair areas but again we don't know if this will cure the fault light.
Your alarm is "GONE".

I had hoped for a bit more definite information, although they did manage to fix the central locking by replacing one motor, which means the door locks with the remote but no longer opens from inside by the handle.
If I reset the engine service light myself it stays off for a couple of days but returns. On resetting I get the code "26" on the dash display - what does this mean?

SO: can anyone help??
What is the throttle body sensor and how can I replace it? I'm concerned it may affect emissions for the UK MOT test in June.
Where is the alarm unit in the engine bay so I can check it myself? I suspect dirty or corroded terminals.

Finally, I need some of the small LED dashboard illumination bulbs for around the heater controls. Where can I get green ones? (Got some blue ones so now have a two-tone dash..!!)

All help and advice is as usual very welcome.