Volvo XC40 Volvo XC40 compact crossover forum discussion, how-to guides, and technical help.

Polestar

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polestar

I can get it added at the alleged dealer cost. Worth it or not?

A little background: I've got two "toy" cars to go fast in when I want. Is Polestar necessary to make the car quick enough to blend in with traffic...etc? Seems fairly capable already.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, there is no value to this option. I only have it because it was optioned on mine with the specific color/features I was seeking. As long as you go with the T5 engine you’re fine..... but the Polestar programming does not materially change the performance or feel. It changes the up shift points so much so that a passenger asked me if there was something wrong with the car. And though it supposedly changes the steering, braking and suspension as well, I cannot detect any noticeable change. Let’s face it - this isn’t a car you are going to bring to a track day anyway - so save the $ and treat yourself to some fun accessories instead. Sounds like you’ll be much happier enjoying the other fast toys you have! (Same goes for me - when I want some fun driving, I hop in my Audi TT 6-speed roadster).

Old 05-31-2021, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skr9: Thanks for the feedback! We bought a T5 so it has the increased horsepower. I'll just stick with that and when I want to be thrilled I'll jump in the more sporty options.

Drive on in good health.
Originally Posted by skr9
In my opinion, there is no value to this option. I only have it because it was optioned on mine with the specific color/features I was seeking. As long as you go with the T5 engine you’re fine..... but the Polestar programming does not materially change the performance or feel. It changes the up shift points so much so that a passenger asked me if there was something wrong with the car. And though it supposedly changes the steering, braking and suspension as well, I cannot detect any noticeable change. Let’s face it - this isn’t a car you are going to bring to a track day anyway - so save the $ and treat yourself to some fun accessories instead. Sounds like you’ll be much happier enjoying the other fast toys you have! (Same goes for me - when I want some fun driving, I hop in my Audi TT 6-speed roadster).