Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2015.5 XC60: remote start ? and "reduced engine performance (turtle)"

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015.5 XC60: remote start ? and "reduced engine performance (turtle)"

Looking for help from ye wise Volvo lovers...

1. Remote Start - It was working with the on call app, now no longer does. I found online a way to use the keyfob (press lock, then the light button for 2 sec) but this does not work. Looking for some sort of advice: do I buy the OnCall Service just so I can use this feature that I thought I had??? Or is there some other way to get the remote start that I thought I had when I bought the car??? (The dealer is not being of any help in answering my calls.)

2. Today, while driving in cool conditions, my car randomly popped up with "Reduced Engine Performance" - which showed a turtle under the error message. Adorable. But not desired. Any guesses on this booger?

Thanks for any assistance!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:09 AM

Update on the Reduced Engine Performance issue...
This happened this morning as well. The engine sputtered and would not start. The darned turtle returned!

I will be taking it to the nearest dealership to have it looked at. 10K miles and the engine light is on... very disturbing...

Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 PM

What engine do you have?

Any updates on what happened?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by rhite95
What engine do you have?

Any updates on what happened?
My xc60 is all fixed. It took a full week at the dealership. Coincidentally, at the same time my car was in the shop, there were 6000 xc60s recalled in the UK for a similar issue, which, when I brought this to the attention of my dealership (who had been scratching their heads trying to problem solve) sparked the fix. I believe that I might have been "case 0" in the US (haha). Engine is working great now, although heck if I can tell you everything that they fixed. They tried a boat load of things before figuring it out - I think, because they ended up doing the recall work that was happening in the UK.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by salasrocks
My xc60 is all fixed. It took a full week at the dealership. Coincidentally, at the same time my car was in the shop, there were 6000 xc60s recalled in the UK for a similar issue, which, when I brought this to the attention of my dealership (who had been scratching their heads trying to problem solve) sparked the fix. I believe that I might have been "case 0" in the US (haha). Engine is working great now, although heck if I can tell you everything that they fixed. They tried a boat load of things before figuring it out - I think, because they ended up doing the recall work that was happening in the UK.

Very good news !!

Old 07-22-2019, 10:59 PM
Default Reduced engine performance ( turtle lamp )

Originally Posted by salasrocks
Looking for help from ye wise Volvo lovers...

1. Remote Start - It was working with the on call app, now no longer does. I found online a way to use the keyfob (press lock, then the light button for 2 sec) but this does not work. Looking for some sort of advice: do I buy the OnCall Service just so I can use this feature that I thought I had??? Or is there some other way to get the remote start that I thought I had when I bought the car??? (The dealer is not being of any help in answering my calls.)

2. Today, while driving in cool conditions, my car randomly popped up with "Reduced Engine Performance" - which showed a turtle under the error message. Adorable. But not desired. Any guesses on this booger?

Thanks for any assistance!

Hi sir, do you have any update about the " Engine performance, reduced.. This problem is happening to me almost 4 times. normally the problem has happened during morning or cold weather. I have brought my car to local Volvo dealer. First time 1. The dealer changed fuel regulator Second time 2. The dealer changer oxygen sensor Third time 3. The dealer changes battery and spark plug Fourth time 4. The dealer clean manifold But I feel very sad until now the same problem still appear in my car again, normally after service it will be ok for one or two months, then the problem is to come again " Engine performance reduced (turtle error)... I really feel very disappointed about this..

Old 02-10-2021, 12:27 PM

Wow I wish I had seen this. We had this same issue and was told "You need to use better gas" Our engine just blew up this weekend.