Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Remote Engine Startup

Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Engine Startup

My XC60 (Platinum, Technology, Climate, BLIS, Wood) will not be delivered until next month. Have been unable to CONFIRM that it will have a REMOTE ENGINE START UP operable from the Key less remote. Dealer says it will but they don't have any vehicles with that option. XC60 brochure does not list Remote Engine Start function under Platinum package. I have searched the internet for several days (reviews and pricing) and can see the function is listed as being in the Platinum package but I cannot find a description of operation in the Owners Manual I downloaded nor a picture a Key less remote with that function.

Can anyone confirm that Remote Engine Start is included?

Harry

NOTE: Originally posted in General Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM

I just bought a 2012 C70 this past weekend and then promptly returned it for a 2012 XC60 (whew!!!). One of the things that irritated me the most was the fact that there are no remote start capabilities for ANY Volvo, but my dealer explained to me that this is a normal thing for most European manufacturers.

If the brochure doesn't list it, you're not going to see it when your vehicle is delivered. I read on another thread that there may be a software upgrade that will provide remote engine start capability soon, but not sure if that is a fact.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 PM

When we got our 2011 S60 T6, we were disappointed that there was no remote start option. I wouldn't count on a remote start being available when you pick up the car.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by hriley9
My XC60 (Platinum, Technology, Climate, BLIS, Wood) will not be delivered until next month. Have been unable to CONFIRM that it will have a REMOTE ENGINE START UP operable from the Key less remote. Dealer says it will but they don't have any vehicles with that option. XC60 brochure does not list Remote Engine Start function under Platinum package. I have searched the internet for several days (reviews and pricing) and can see the function is listed as being in the Platinum package but I cannot find a description of operation in the Owners Manual I downloaded nor a picture a Key less remote with that function.

Can anyone confirm that Remote Engine Start is included?

Harry

NOTE: Originally posted in General Forum
It is available now as a software upgrade. Costs $399 with rebate and uses proximity key/remote.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM

Can someone point me to a place where one may get info on the rebate (if available) for the remote star install. My dealer is offering it for $699 and at that price, I'll have to pass

Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by idlemind1999
Can someone point me to a place where one may get info on the rebate (if available) for the remote star install. My dealer is offering it for $699 and at that price, I'll have to pass
Owners received a post card from Volvo offering a $100 rebate, but it expired on 12/31/12. The regular price should be $399, I'm pretty positive.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Default 2011 s60 T60 remote start or smart start?

Anyone here successfully install a remote start on a 2011 s60 t6 awd. doesn't look like volvo offered an oem version. I'm specifically looking at directed electronics smart start. If so, let me know what you paid and if you had any issues. Thx

Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an option from Volvo for remote start. What you'd have to pay for software to get it but it's there.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:32 AM

The actual remote starter is a small piece of equipment that is installed in the car itself. This is the box that, when it receives the signal from the user's remote control, switches on the appropriate systems. The box must be connected to the ignition switch, the power wire, the ignition wire, the starter wire, the brake wire, the car's ground wire, and the tachometer wire. This sounds complicated, but all these wires are easily identifiable and are typically found in the exact same spot in the car.

When the starter receives the signal from the remote, it switches on all these systems. It allows the engine to start, which allows preset settings like heat to come on and begin to work. It also locks the doors, and typically blinks the lights for visual confirmation that it is working.

Yes, Volvo also offering Remote Engine Startup technology.