Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 Volvo XC60 B5 - TPMS issue & other issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 07:40 PM
DFV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2022 Volvo XC60 B5 - TPMS issue & other issues

Additional issues popped up after Volvo mechanic did a diagnostic.

Hi, Volvo fam.
I just bought new 2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Momentum yesterday. Today, I started the engine and TPMS sign blinked. I saw a couple of different threads here and they had the same issue.
I brought it to Volvo Service center and received the paper above. What do you guys think about this? I am so disappointed it happens to me not even one day passed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/15 update
Engine light signs up and following 'transmission service required' sign up.
I was in the parking lot and try to park my vehicle. Engine light suddenly came out and a transmission checkup message popped up as well. The gear selector won't work at that point and the display was frozen.
The start engine button won't work. But suddenly the engine turned off itself without turning the engine start and off button. I felt my life threatened today. I was just going to eat lunch today but my xc60 made me go to the service center again.
I spent almost 4 hours over there but still issue won't be solved. My car remained in the service center and they borrowed me a loaner car. I opened the case when I called Volvo customer service.

Here is what I got from the mechanic today.
I also recorded videos about the problem when it occurred.

Last edited by DFV; 09-15-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:16 AM
Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

If you read the manual, there are some setup features the owner should do. Have you done these re: TMPS? If not, you should do it when the tires are cool prior to driving. I'm thinking that 'could' be the cause. These are complex cars with quite a few sensors working with different computers that all talk to one another.

There are so many computers in this car monitoring everything (even including oil level, no dip stick), I've named him "Watson 2". Watson 1 was my 'Vette.

The following users liked this post:
DFV (09-15-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Best case, dealer didn't do their pre-delivery service properly, in which case I would ask why. Worst case, you got a lemon. Since it runs Android, it could also be completely normal though in which case I would return the car unless you think you can live with it and you want a long term relationship with the dealership's service department.

DFV (09-15-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 489 Likes on 470 Posts

too early to even talk about a "lemon" issue. this looks like the dealer prep wasn't done properly and considering its under warranty I'm surprised they even showed you the codes - I'd have a frank discussion with the service manager. They should have just said "we'll go through the check list and set things right". I once had a new Audi which after 300 miles all the gauges died. Dealer took the car in under warranty and fixed it noting it there was a connector that wasn't fully snapped into place at the factory that had come lose. They reinserted it and all was good.

DFV (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:49 PM
DFV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you guys are right. I will update yall when the dealer or mechanic reaches out to me.

Last edited by DFV; 09-15-2021 at 10:51 PM.