Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 XC60 Phone integration

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 06:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 XC60 Phone integration

I am looking at the XC60 Recharge as it has everything I am looking for in a car. The only thing I have read is that there is no way connect your phone and use any media that is stored on it or any other apps. I have my music library on my phone and use Android Auto to play my music through various apps and I also use audible to listen to audio books. Is there any way for me to play high definition audio from my phone? From what I have read so far it does not seem like I can. This would be a deal killer for me and makes no sense for a product design. Having phone integration is a table stakes item for me and virtually every other car on the planet allows you to hook up via USB at a minimum. I really hope I have read things incorrectly as I really like everything else on the car.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mwachala
I am looking at the XC60 Recharge as it has everything I am looking for in a car. The only thing I have read is that there is no way connect your phone and use any media that is stored on it or any other apps. I have my music library on my phone and use Android Auto to play my music through various apps and I also use audible to listen to audio books. Is there any way for me to play high definition audio from my phone? From what I have read so far it does not seem like I can. This would be a deal killer for me and makes no sense for a product design. Having phone integration is a table stakes item for me and virtually every other car on the planet allows you to hook up via USB at a minimum. I really hope I have read things incorrectly as I really like everything else on the car.
The AudioWagon app lets you play files on a USB-C stick in various formats. And of course you can simply hook your phone to the speakers through a Bluetooth connection. I got my xc60 t8 about two months ago, and I love it so far. I believe that the rough edges in the Android Automotive infotainment should be fixed with updates before too long.

The following users liked this post:
Tobysxc60 (04-19-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by james wolffe
The AudioWagon app lets you play files on a USB-C stick in various formats. And of course you can simply hook your phone to the speakers through a Bluetooth connection. I got my xc60 t8 about two months ago, and I love it so far. I believe that the rough edges in the Android Automotive infotainment should be fixed with updates before too long.
Thanks for the response. That is good to know there is an app to play music via USB. Is that something you just download as an available app in the car?

The following users liked this post:
Tobysxc60 (04-19-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by mwachala
Thanks for the response. That is good to know there is an app to play music via USB. Is that something you just download as an available app in the car?
Yes, it's an app in the car's playstore.