Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 XC60 Rechard DEAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 04:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 XC60 Rechard DEAD!!!

Hello All,

First Volvo, first post.

I received my volvo a couple weeks prior to a 3 week vacation. I left her plugged into the wall and locked, but when I returned home, I found her completely dead. I had to use the blade key to get in.

Anyone experience this and have any solutions, do I just need to jump the car?

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Old 05-08-2022, 04:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup
same issue
End of story I had the car jumped and have been fine ever since???
Did buy a lithium jump-started for personal self rescue should this ghost return…
I don’t understand why this happened…..

Old 05-10-2022, 06:52 AM

So, I got the car started, and it's mostly working but it tells me the ecall needs service, and it appears the pilot steering isn't working. I've tried resetting the infotainment, unplugging the battery for a half hour, tried the front and rear defroster button with no apparent effect and it hasn't fixed the warning. I've heard it could be the tcam module battery? Anybody have this specific issue any thoughts on resolving?

Old 05-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mhaedt
So, I got the car started, and it's mostly working but it tells me the ecall needs service, and it appears the pilot steering isn't working. I've tried resetting the infotainment, unplugging the battery for a half hour, tried the front and rear defroster button with no apparent effect and it hasn't fixed the warning. I've heard it could be the tcam module battery? Anybody have this specific issue any thoughts on resolving?
"pilot steering" is the only thing not working?

Old 05-10-2022, 09:16 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mhaedt
Hello All,

First Volvo, first post.

I received my volvo a couple weeks prior to a 3 week vacation. I left her plugged into the wall and locked, but when I returned home, I found her completely dead. I had to use the blade key to get in.

Anyone experience this and have any solutions, do I just need to jump the car?

Thanks for the help,
Mike
Did you have the Volvo app working on your smartphone? If so, did you have the app operational while away? I have a suspicion that the app is causing some of the 12-volt battery-drain problems that are endemic to the 2022 Volvos. Even the Owners Manual says to drive the car at least once a week because the 12-volt battery can drain -- a sign that this is a horribly designed vehicle. And the Manual does not say how much you need to drive it, per se, nor whether the ICE needs to be on to charge the 12-volt battery (though I suspect that the ICE *does* need to be on, which negates the whole point of having a PHEV in the first place because most people want to drive locally in all-electric mode).

One general problem with lots of "keyless entry" cars nowadays is that you can't have the key fob too close to the car (i.e., in a room in your house right next to the garage), because the car and key fob will constantly talk to each other in some cases, and this is a known source of 12-volt battery drain.

Last edited by cometguy; 05-10-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by cometguy
Did you have the Volvo app working on your smartphone? If so, did you have the app operational while away? I have a suspicion that the app is causing some of the 12-volt battery-drain problems that are endemic to the 2022 Volvos. Even the Owners Manual says to drive the car at least once a week because the 12-volt battery can drain -- a sign that this is a horribly designed vehicle. And the Manual does not say how much you need to drive it, per se, nor whether the ICE needs to be on to charge the 12-volt battery (though I suspect that the ICE *does* need to be on, which negates the whole point of having a PHEV in the first place because most people want to drive locally in all-electric mode).

One general problem with lots of "keyless entry" cars nowadays is that you can't have the key fob too close to the car (i.e., in a room in your house right next to the garage), because the car and key fob will constantly talk to each other in some cases, and this is a known source of 12-volt battery drain.
That all makes sense, the Volvo app was working, I guess the design fault here was that it was plugged into the wall and that doesn't charge the 12v battery, that seems like such an easy thing to do, I might figure out how to hook up a battery tender to the charge port and wire it to the terminals under the hood or directly at the battery in the back.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by cometguy
"pilot steering" is the only thing not working?
Wifi may not be working either.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:38 PM

I did want to update everyone, the ecall needs service light was On for a few weeks and it would start staying off longer and longer into drives, until one day it disappeared completely. Super annoying, but hey, it didn't need a service.