Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 xc60 software update fail & car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022 | 09:34 PM
|
Default 2022 xc60 software update fail & car won't start

Tried to run software update today. Car says update failed and car needs serviced before update. Then this red error light came on the dash. And now my car won't start. It recognized the key but car is dead. Have to get it towed. Anyone else? What's the deal? So frustrating. The red error light is not in the manual. It looks like a sideways car with an exclamation point through the middle of the roof.

Old 04-07-2022 | 07:08 AM

I had the same thing happen with the last OTA update. I had to have it towed to the dealership and they kept it for a full day. I was told the car “crashed” after the failed software attempt. I won’t be doing anymore OTA updates. This really makes you realize we are driving a computer on wheels. Good luck with your situation, and keep us posted.

The following users liked this post:
Tjsees (04-07-2022)
Old 04-08-2022 | 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by MegD
I won’t be doing anymore OTA updates. This really makes you realize we are driving a computer on wheels.
Every car today is a computer on wheels. This makes you realize that you have a computer on wheels that was released before it was ready.

Old 04-09-2022 | 06:45 AM

I had my 2022 XC60 at the dealership after two failed OTA software updates and after failing the first time at the dealership, finally got it through. Now I have the update 2.0 and all is well (so far). I was told by my sales guy that Volvo was thinking about taking out the Google system and replacing it with the Sensys system until they could get the bugs out. Agree they rolled out google way before they should. Part of the 2.0 is better OTA update connection. We'll see.

Old 04-11-2022 | 02:01 PM

Same here, but car works, no errors, only error when goong to the software uptetes.

Old 07-05-2022 | 01:52 AM
Default Software issues xc60 2021

Originally Posted by MegD
I had the same thing happen with the last OTA update. I had to have it towed to the dealership and they kept it for a full day. I was told the car “crashed” after the failed software attempt. I won’t be doing anymore OTA updates. This really makes you realize we are driving a computer on wheels. Good luck with your situation, and keep us posted.
We have had this x3 times now and had to have the car recovered. Also get issues with audio. I have been in contact with Volvo customer care and they can’t do anything about it until a permanent fix takes place by technical. There is no date for this. I have contacted citizens advice and written to the branch. Also referred to trading standards.

Old 05-22-2023 | 06:49 AM
Default Same issue with my XC60

so, my brand new XC60 (2023) with 2800 miles wouldn’t start and I saw this same warning symbol on my dash. Had the car towed to a dealer an hour away. Is it a software update fail situation?

Originally Posted by Tjsees
Tried to run software update today. Car says update failed and car needs serviced before update. Then this red error light came on the dash. And now my car won't start. It recognized the key but car is dead. Have to get it towed. Anyone else? What's the deal? So frustrating. The red error light is not in the manual. It looks like a sideways car with an exclamation point through the middle of the roof.

Old 05-22-2023 | 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by billw2
so, my brand new XC60 (2023) with 2800 miles wouldn’t start and I saw this same warning symbol on my dash. Had the car towed to a dealer an hour away. Is it a software update fail situation?

Yes, it’s a software fail, and my dealership told me not to do anymore OTA updates. This has never happened again, and now take it in for updates. Sorry you had the same inconvenience.

Old 05-22-2023 | 09:01 AM

Thanks for this information! I hope to get my car back today and will ask about turning off the OTA function.

Old 06-04-2023 | 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tjsees
I had the same issue with my XC 60 2022 model. After a failed OTA update, the car would not start and had the same red sign.
I unpluged the battery , pluged back again and the car started and the sign dissapeared.
I will take it to the dealership to get it checked.