Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Anyone with a '22 XC60 and actually happy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep that in mind when you go in for a $600 plastic cup holder change or a $2000 brake job.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Happy!

+1 for a positive experience, '22 B5 Momentum Plus AWD, although I will caveat with these 3 things:

1. I am a designer and I notice attention to detail rather easily
2. I'm rather invested in the google ecosystem so this is a huge plus
3. This is my first car in 20 years (lived in NYC and didn't need a car) so my car knowledge is minimal.

If you plan on driving it, highly recommend the Polestar software update so you can zip around. And to be honest, it's actually safer driving in the city especially on left turns as the turbo engine has quite the delay from gas pedal to movement. Not sure how bad this effects gas mileage as I usually only engage it on left turns and when getting on the highway so I can have more confidence in getting where I want to go with the least obstruction to traffic.

I like it so much I'm about to buy my lease and I have had the car for just under 2 years.

Old 09-07-2023, 12:12 AM
Pej
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Volvo journey has taken me from a 99 s70(still have) to a 2011 xc60 3.2(still have) to a 2021 XC60 T6(do not have) to a 2022 XC60 B6(still have, mainly driven by wife).

I've had a lot of issues with the 2022 XC60 B6 since we got it last year and I am disappointed. That's what you get when you buy a first generation of an "improved" car.

- Loud howling noise from engine bay when stopped at a light
- Dead car, totally dead in the driveway, had to be towed to the dealer. Nothing was working, doors wouldn't even unlock, had to use manual techniques. I don't even remember anymore how we got in.
- Vibration(minor but noticeable) when cruising in highway speeds, I'm very picky with smoothness but that's just how I am especially at this price point, someone else might not care about this as much as I do.
- Car would not connect to the internet, so nothing requiring online connection would work and Volvo didn't know how to fix this for about 3 months and then it magically started working again, yes there was no gps, no ANYTHING that requires connectivity.
- sound cuts out all of a sudden sometimes and I mean all sounds as in radio/music, signal click, system sounds, etc...
- at some point the car would rev high for no reason, like it was in some form of sport mode by itself as it pleased, and then throughout the day it'd go back to normal. I'm talking about going on 40km roads revving high for no reason lol

and I'm forgetting some things now but it's late and I'm tired.

The styling of the car is beautiful to me, and I love the speed, comfort and handling. in that sense it's great and I like it and I'm also very happy with the safety factors.

But if you asked me if reliability and service at the dealership(at least the one we go to) is something I would recommend on this car I would say no. Not in my experience with this car. Why do we still have it? Because I don't know, the car is like a hot chick that has unreliable/dumb tendencies. Wife loves the car regardless and that's mainly why.

Ciao