Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Central Locking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking Problem

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am familiar how they work. I am in the South Yorkshire area.
I have just fitted a new drivers door to my sons XC60 R design 2011 2.4 AWD.
All went well with the swap but when I now try to lock the doors with the remote key fob nothing happens. (All the internals from the damaged door was swapped to the new door). I can lock and unlock the doors with the buttons on the drivers door, door card and all the locks can be heard working. With the drivers door closed and the window down I have locked the doors by putting my arm through the window and pressing the internal lock button and if I press the unlock on the remote all the door unlock. When I press the button on the remote to lock the doors nothing happens, however if I keep the lock button pressed on the remote the side window closes as it should. Also the approach lights do not work when the button is pressed but the tailgate release works. The vehicle battery did go flat and it has been disconnected on the occasions when I unplugged and plugged in the wiring loom to the door. That is now fully charged and reconnected.
What I was wondering is if there is a resetting procedure for the central locking/key fob? I only have 1 key with this vehicle. Can the central locking be read with a diagnostic tool?
Any help would be appreciated or signpost me to a member on this forum who is a serving Volvo technician. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know I have solved the problem.
I connected the diagnostic equipment and cleared the faults and all is back to normal.