Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Help with Volvo Cars app

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022 | 06:06 PM
|
Question Help with Volvo Cars app

Model: 2022 XC60 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid T8

Hey everyone, I recently got a new cellphone and had paired my old cellphone within the Volvo On Call Devices in the car. Now on my new cellphone when I attempt to re-register within the Volvo Cars App, after entering my VIN, the App starts to search for my car and instructs me to go to the setting in the car and pair it via the screen - Volvo On Call Devices. The problem is when I select Volvo On Call Devices, it shows my OLD phone as paired and there is NO option to un-pair it or disconnect it. So I'm stuck in this weird loop. I just tried to reset ALL APP settings but did NOT do a full factory reset which I'm hoping is not necessary to re-pair to my new phone.

Anybody else run into this situation? Any suggestions besides take it to the dealership?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old 09-10-2022 | 11:34 AM

I found the following Volvo support info:

The Owner profile was the only one in the car with administrator privileges and I no longer have access to the mobile that was paired with the Owner profile. How do I remove the mobile phone from the car?

Create a new profile and give the new profile administrator privileges. Then pair the new profile with the new mobile while all of the keys are inside the car. Now it is possible to see the old mobile in the app, and it can be removed.

Old 09-12-2022 | 11:55 AM

Hi all, I have a question about the Volvo Car Apps functionalities for the XC60 Recharge. Does it have the capability to schedule charging time so it will only be charged when the electricity rate is lower (I've read that this can be done for XC40)? If not, is it possible set that using the in-car infotainment system?

Thanks ahead!