How is the massage by Nappa seats? - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo XC60
Reload this Page >

How is the massage by Nappa seats?

Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

How is the massage by Nappa seats?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 AM
Default How is the massage by Nappa seats?

We are going to buy a 2019 xc60 T6 inscription.
I do not know if the $2200 extra for the Nappa seats with massage is worth it or not. I specifically want it for the massage option.
Please those of you who have these seats give your thoughts. How is the massage? Is it worth it?
Also, on another thread somebody was complaining that these seats are firm and less comfortable compared to regular seats, it is true? How is the level of comfort on these seats?
Thank you

Old 11-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by divarsefid View Post
I do not know if the $2200 extra for the Nappa seats with massage is worth it or not. I specifically want it for the massage option.
Please those of you who have these seats give your thoughts. How is the massage? Is it worth it?
Also, on another thread somebody was complaining that these seats are firm and less comfortable compared to regular seats, it is true? How is the level of comfort on these seats?
Thank you
Test drove 1 today with it.....I didnt use it..but my wife did and she said it was nice. Goingback tomorrow to test drive a T6 (today was a T5) and will give it a try and report back

Old 11-03-2018, 03:39 PM

Test drove a XC60 T6 with the massaging seats.......very nice.....its not a gimmick, you can actually feel the massage...felt very nice and if we go with the Volvo....it will have that feature!!! 2 thumbs up...wife really liked it as well

Old 11-03-2018, 05:12 PM

Thank you.
I have already purchased an XC60 T6 with nappa seat, though the dealer has not shipped it yet, so I have not tested the seat, but hopefully it will be good, and this thread can be used for others as a reference.
Happy day!

Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM

Thank you.
I have already purchased an XC60 T6 with nappa seat, though the dealer has not shipped it yet, so I have not tested the seat, but hopefully it will be good, and this thread can be used for others as a reference.
Happy day!
Glad I could help..we are still in test driving car stage and may just stick with our 2016 Outback.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:44 PM

Thank you
I just bought a 2019 T6 Inscription with the Nappa leather seats 2 days ago. I didn't buy that option for the massage, I got it for the AC seats which are a godsend here in Florida.

The massage has several levels you can adjust and several patterns. You can also change speed and what part of your back you want massaged.
If you are expecting a masseuse replacement, this is not it. It's not a vibrating massage chair either.

Let me try and describe what it is
You know how the lumbar adjusts in most cars? It's a single "bar" or "ridge" that goes across the back of the seat and can be adjusted in and out (and on some cars up and down). Now imagine that split into two parts that make up that "bar". Now imagine about 8 of them arranged in 4 rows of 2 up the back of the seat. Those move in and out in varying depths and patterns. I did my first drive over 50 miles today and used it. It seems to turn off automatically after about 30min. It felt nice, made my back feel better with the heated seat on.

If you are expecting one of those fancy Japanese massage chairs, then you are going to be disappointed. If you are expecting something that moves your back and muscles a bit to keep blood flowing, and to take the monotony out of a boring drive them you will be pleased.

The AC seats work much better than my 2013 Genesis Rspec, and better than my 2015 5.0 Genesis ultimate, but not as strong as the 2019 Lexus ES350 ultra luxury. Had to turn the ac seat off after about 25 min of driving because it got too cold. Never did get cold enough to do that on the Genesis(es). The 2019 Lexus ES350 I have to shut them off after 10 min

The leather on the Nappa seating area is much more soft and supple than the non nappa seats. You can feel the difference in the Nappa vs non Nappa by rubbing the nappa seating area then rubbing the side of the seat. The regular leather seats are very nice, but the Nappa seats are REALLY NICE!

If you still have questions, I'll do what I can to help
John

Old 01-15-2019, 11:34 PM

Thank you for your info.
I already purchased the car with massage seat. I should say I agree with your assessment.
It is not a robust massage like real massage chairs, not at all, but it has some different settings and overall moves the back a little and as you well stated "keeps blood flowing". Overall it's not bad, but not as robust as one may expect, just moves your back a little!