Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Infotainment Screen Fades to Black & interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infotainment Screen Fades to Black & interior lighting

I have a 2022 XC 60 Gas model and a few days ago when we got in our hot car the screen faded to black and I couldn't access the climate control. It appears to me that it managed the heat like my iPhone does when left in the sun. Is this a common problem with the Volvo? Honestly the heat wasn't that bad it was in the high 80's. The other issue I have is with the welcome lights not working. I have ensured the Settings are correct but they never go on when I open the door. The interior lights work when I press the switch above the center console. The last thing I would like to add here is that my system clock is 4 hours off and I have to use the option to set it manually. I have an appointment in a few weeks at the dealership but was wondering if anyone on the forum had any ideas for these issues.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You could try resetting a few things.
Reset Buttons

Home button: (the rectangular button immediately below the center infotainment screen)​
  • Press and hold for ~20 seconds to reboot the infotainment system.

Front windshield defrost button:​
  • Press and hold for ~20 seconds to reboot the TCAM unit. (LTE / GPS / WiFi / etc)

Old 11-16-2022, 04:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"TCAM unit"

What is that?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 11-16-2022, 04:30 PM

Hi rjwronbo2,

That happened to me a few months ago - I was doing errands and when I got back in the car, no A/C - and then the next time I got in the car, everything worked. It was very frustrating. But, I've also had a LOT of issues with the center Infotainment screen so it didn't surprise me.
I still don't know what happened but it was only once so, fingers crossed.
I also see the Infotainment Center booting itself randomly.
Overall, not happy with this at all.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:13 AM

Thanks for the reply, my wife had the issue once and hasn't happened again. I have an appointment at the dealership for a few items so I'll have them check. Love the ride of the car but the software is a bit frustrating.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Angry Ambient light in my Volvo XC 60 T8, rechargable

Originally Posted by rjwronbo2
I have a 2022 XC 60 Gas model and a few days ago when we got in our hot car the screen faded to black and I couldn't access the climate control. It appears to me that it managed the heat like my iPhone does when left in the sun. Is this a common problem with the Volvo? Honestly the heat wasn't that bad it was in the high 80's. The other issue I have is with the welcome lights not working. I have ensured the Settings are correct but they never go on when I open the door. The interior lights work when I press the switch above the center console. The last thing I would like to add here is that my system clock is 4 hours off and I have to use the option to set it manually. I have an appointment in a few weeks at the dealership but was wondering if anyone on the forum had any ideas for these issues.
In my car You can choose a different kinds of ambient light colors or a mode depending on temperature. Good idea, but this light comes from the inner mirror and is so low, that You don't see any color in the car at night. The Setting moderate or full does not change anything. So I went to my seller. They say "this is volvo and no BMW", but could not help in any way. Dear Volvo Company:we need a software update to get a bit more power here; the light are there.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:25 PM

It sounds like you have the same problem I'm seeing in my T5 Inscription - a good idea that's poorly executed. A comfortable ride but they really botched the Center Screen and its functions.