Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Just picked up 2022

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joetallyho
Picked up 2022 XC60 T8 Inscription with auto-kick tailgate. Absolutely love it. Also experiencing incomplete or buggy software. Used "call" button to find out why all the bugs. Volvo supposed to release a new software update OTA this week (20-24 Sept 2021). Dealer said she hoped Apple Car Play and Sirius XM will be added by the end of the year. I am guessing Volvo pushed this out knowing all these bugs can be fixed later.

My issues:

- Volvo Cars App on iPhone 7 - able to log in once, but "on-call" service had me reset software (hold down home button) and car s/w (hold down windshield defrost button until "LTE connection signal goes away) and now cannot open app - still says to pair phone, but already is. And cannot clear "next step screen" had to force app to close. Only feature working was "lock" and "unlock". On-Call said there should be 5 icons on bottom, mine has 3.
- Was able to get "climate control" working from app. But, cannot get past page which says "Start pairing". On other screens my iPhone 7 says paired and connected.
- Volvo Car App on iPhone 11 - Charge status gets stuck at various %-age levels and never reports 100%. Open car door and charge is at 100%
- Not much of a deal available. Got 5% below MSRP in Southern NJ. Some dealers are selling above MSRP, so feel I got a deal.
- Window Sticker does not describe details of car - I really wanted rear heated seats as part of climate package, but car came with bolster seats instead. Sticker mentions heated rear not on bolster seats, but sticker does not say what you actually have. Bought car sight unseen since it had everything else I wanted. Same thing with ventilated seats. Had to figure out all leather seats are ventilated.

Great things:
- Beautiful looking, solidly built, everything feels solid and premium - down to crystal gear selector
- Very quiet electric and gas engine. Can only tell gas engine on without looking at instrument cluster is moderate acceleration.
- very comfy seats
- driver assist features galore, BMW only has steering wheel shake instead of active assist. Pretty cool - car will steer in turns by itself, although it tells you to keep hands on wheel.
- Large rear seat legroom, trade-off is smaller luggage area (than BMW and others). Rear seat down - luggage area now similar to similar in class
- 46empg on 154 mile trip!
- swipe to open moon/sun roof and interior lighting
- headlamp steering has larger swing and brighter path than BMW3 series.

I know these techy and safety are not new to XC60 T8, but new to me based on my previous 2016 BMW 3 series and current 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia. OF course, paid about $15K more for the Volvo (before PHEV tax credit.
Hi! Regarding the Volvo Cars App, I too only get the 3 tabs on my new 2022 XC60 and on my connected car (my old XC60 2019) I have all 5 tabs as normal! Really hope I get all the features back that I had before.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jnox3
Just picked up our 3rd Volvo today, 2022 XC60 B5 Inscription in Black.

The car is wonderful but the software so far is…very incomplete. Almost nothing at all shows in the gauge cluster. No Car Play or Android Auto. No SiriusXM. Just a few sketchy options in the Play store. Many options missing in the settings. Can’t even figure out if I have AM radio available.

Here’s hoping there are a lot of updates coming soon because these cars aren’t going to sell on their good looks alone! Anyone have any experience with the ‘22s yet? I assume I’m not alone in this…
Picked my MY22 up 4 days ago.... full of tech but no Apple Play. My whole life is Apple professionally and personally. I'm very very disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a solution. Am I missing something ?

The following users liked this post:
MAGOLD (11-10-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 09:48 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife has the 2021 XC60 T8..she loves it and we really haven't had any issues with Sensus though it is a little too complicated for her so she doesn't use all of the features other than what I set up for her. A friend of ours just got the 2022 XC60T8 and he says he'll be driving down toe road and the entire infotainment system will shut down. This has happened multiple times to him and it shuts down the calls he is on (he runs his own business). He's pissed. I keep telling him that eventually there will be a software/firmware update...LOL

Old 10-02-2021, 03:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My apologies for the misunderstanding

Originally Posted by yaromac
I am impressed you got a call from Volvo corporate. I have sent two emails, called the helpline twice, been assured I will get a callback -- nothing. Can I ask you PM with what number you used if it's not the one available over the web? Or anyone?

Keep your fingers crossed the next over-the-air update doesn't break your GPS. Be aware if it does, there are no stored maps in the vehicle, so you have *no* GPS in the car. Oh, and no CarPlay either...
Re: Volvo Corporate. I called them. After a bit of back and forth, the fuel odor issue was notated along with the VIN, mileage, dealer name, and day the car would be brought in. I think it helped?

Old 10-02-2021, 11:17 PM
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregonmac
Picked my MY22 up 4 days ago.... full of tech but no Apple Play. My whole life is Apple professionally and personally. I'm very very disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a solution. Am I missing something ?

Same exact thing here. And was assured by the salesperson that it DID have it. A solution seems to be a nebulous "future update" with no guarantees. Except of course from the lying dealership I got it from who said "end of September."

The OTA update broke my GPS.

The app has never worked in the 3 weeks I've owned the vehicle.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by jolv
congratulations to you! I'm planning on getting the same model as you but would like to know more. I understand its on Google Automative and have seen some videos complaining about the above but am largely curious to know if Google Assistant and Map, GPS etc are working without a hitch? No lag, smooth experience? Connection to phone all good?
I just picked up my 2022 XC60 B6 AWD Inscription on Saturday. Yes the Google Maps/etc work BEAUTIFULLY! Although I am sad that it doesn't have Apple Carplay. And yes, the empty gauge screen evokes a head scratch reaction haha... But it's STUNNING and beautiful. I was told that the update with Apple/Android car play, will be released in an update in the first quarter of 2022.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:53 AM

I just picked up my 2022 XC60 B6 AWD Inscription on Saturday. Yes the Google Maps/etc work BEAUTIFULLY! Although I am sad that it doesn't have Apple Carplay. And yes, the empty gauge screen evokes a head scratch reaction haha... But it's STUNNING and beautiful. I was told that the update with Apple/Android car play, will be released in an update in the first quarter of 2022.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi I am new to this forum, but not to Volvos.

I picked up my 2022 XC60 Inscription a week or so ago. Great car but a few backward steps form my 2019 I am afraid.
As others have mentioned no Apple / Android play. Boring Instrument panel, unless you are using the excellent maps. No download center so I can only download what Google wants me to.. The Google function seems to work well. There are a few other minor changes that annoy.

My big gripe is that I can no longer play music from my USB stick!!! Has anybody managed to overcome this? Or is it going to be in a 'future software update'. Along with most other new cars there is no CD player (OK I still in the dark ages!) but they do supply 4 USB type C sockets.

It did come with SiriusXM and Tune IN loaded though, so all of you out there who do not have this get back to your dealership's and demand it. However Pandora is not available URGHHH!! I am sure there is a way around these problems, but I have not found them yet.

One last thing. If you are thinking of fitting a Dash Cam, be prepared for a frustrating time! Tip - use Fuse box under the glove box (good luck getting in there!) and use fuses 49 for Switched and 57/58 for Constant power. It took me ages before I came across a YouTube on the subject that actually mentioned which fuse to use..

Old 10-25-2021, 08:44 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogerbriance
Hi I am new to this forum, but not to Volvos.

I picked up my 2022 XC60 Inscription a week or so ago. Great car but a few backward steps form my 2019 I am afraid.
As others have mentioned no Apple / Android play. Boring Instrument panel, unless you are using the excellent maps. No download center so I can only download what Google wants me to.. The Google function seems to work well. There are a few other minor changes that annoy.

My big gripe is that I can no longer play music from my USB stick!!! Has anybody managed to overcome this? Or is it going to be in a 'future software update'. Along with most other new cars there is no CD player (OK I still in the dark ages!) but they do supply 4 USB type C sockets.

It did come with SiriusXM and Tune IN loaded though, so all of you out there who do not have this get back to your dealership's and demand it. However Pandora is not available URGHHH!! I am sure there is a way around these problems, but I have not found them yet.

One last thing. If you are thinking of fitting a Dash Cam, be prepared for a frustrating time! Tip - use Fuse box under the glove box (good luck getting in there!) and use fuses 49 for Switched and 57/58 for Constant power. It took me ages before I came across a YouTube on the subject that actually mentioned which fuse to use..
Not sure if this will help with your dash cam install but part of my deal was getting the shop to remove the dash cam from my trade in and re-install it into the Volvo. I got to go back and see the wiring as he was doing it. Running the cord under the roof liner and down under the right w/s pillar trim was necessary of course, and he ran it under the right footwell panel. The passenger side carpet was pulled up and he tied it into a wiring harness under that (probably where yours was), that was connected to the ignition 'on' power. Works perfectly. Not sure what new car department paid the shop but took over three hours. Anyway, they assured me warranty would cover any issues (probably only at that store).

FWIW, I prefer SiriusXM to Pandora but just my personal preference.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Google auto is a piece of junk

Besides the missing basic functionality or car play and android auto which Volvo has been promising for a year, the Google auto controls work when they want. The latest is I can’t change radio stations from either steering wheel or the good screen. No tuning control arrows visible any more. You hit the arrows on the steering wheel and it simple spins the radio logo on the screen.
the radio information data works occasionally.

this after the car being totally dead after two days because of a “ software update needed
“. Had to have the car towed to the dealer because software wouldn’t let it start. Volvo POS
Tell Google assistant to switch to SiriusXM and it says that it’s not available on the car… which it is with an active subscription
worst car purchase I’ve ever made. I should have waited and stayed with BMW

Old 12-25-2022, 05:55 AM

Just picked up my new 2023 XC60 T8 Ultimate - well on Friday. Trying to get to grips with all the stuff that has changed! Why would anyone take away the USB connection that lets you play MP3 music?
Anyway I have transferred all my music to the android phone and tried out the Bluetooth Media player already installed. No media files found! No way that I can see to browse the phone or tell the app where to look!

Anybody know how to setup the bluetooth player? Or an App that I can download that allows me to connect a USB through the USB C connections?

Merry Christmas to all...

Old 12-27-2022, 04:08 AM

Sadly the more I look the worse it gets!!!
Audiowagon allows me to play the MP3 music on my USB. Alas the head unit ALWAYS asks for permission for AudioWagon to use the USB - I cannot find anywhere to grant that permission permanently. This App does not appear in any list any where in the settings!
I keep getting a request to allow Offline maps, and a suggestion of where I can enable this. Alas the path given is WRONG and I cannot find what is required.
The Driving Journal is now active, except it is not working because it needs permissions. Once again the suggested path is WRONG. Settings>Privacy>Volvo Privacy Settings>Driving Journal.
Connected Safety requires switching On. This can only be done by logging on to my account - would you believe that there is nowhere to activate it?

All in all, for a system that has been out on vehicles for over 12 months, the progress is rather poor. I have been reading through threads where distraught customers were waiting for updates back in 2021. It is now December 2022! On the verge of been 2023.

It would be nice to get a reply from Volvo and perhaps some decent instructions. The manual should cover everything that I need to do, I should not have to go cap in hand to my dealer.

The following users liked this post:
coasterwiggs (12-27-2022)