Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Looking at the 2018 XC60

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at the 2018 XC60

I myself have a 2012 GMC Terrain. I’m pretty much looking at the 2018 XC60 right now. But I just have sooo many questions about it. I know the vehicle just barely came out just like the 2018 Terrain did. I do realize both are different luxury level vehicle. I just kinda want to know how are the reliability in Volvo’s in general? I know the XC60 barely came out so I’m aware there will always be some kind of glitches and all on first year vehicles in general. Also would you prefer a T5 or T6? I’m thinking of either a momentum or inscription. R design are out just because I don’t like the fact that it’s own available in black interior and I have bad experiences in black interior. Another thing I want to know is is it quiet? Does it have laminated side windows or tempered? The last Is the bowers and Wilkins sound system worth the $3200 in the XC60? Thank you!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:00 PM

I just picked up a 2018 Inscription with all of the options. I was about to pull the trigger on the new BMW M40i but with all of the options it was $6k more than the Volvo and the BMW did not have everything the Volvo had. The B&W was a must when I bought and I must say it was worth every penny. The XC60 cabin is very quiet and the B&W is tuned to the cabin and it shows.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by 79_Limited
I just picked up a 2018 Inscription with all of the options. I was about to pull the trigger on the new BMW M40i but with all of the options it was $6k more than the Volvo and the BMW did not have everything the Volvo had. The B&W was a must when I bought and I must say it was worth every penny. The XC60 cabin is very quiet and the B&W is tuned to the cabin and it shows.
what makes you want to get the M40i? I know the sunroof is laminated, but wasn’t sure if the side windows were laminated as well?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife got a T5 Inscription. A lot of your questions are kind of relative to the individual but I'll give you my impression. The T5 has plenty of grunt, though some people always want more. She didn't need the additional power of the T6 and we should see a bit better gas mileage than with that engine.

I felt it was a quiet ride. There is only a mesh "screen" that slides over the "full body" sunroof so that's not quite as sound-deadening as a more traditional shade, but it's still pretty quiet on NC interstates. We just have the standard sound system and I think it sounds great. I personally wouldn't spend the money for the upgrade, but that's just not a priority for me.

We haven't had time to really give it a good shakedown, but our first impressions are very favorable.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 PM

Because I'm at a toss up between either momentum or inscription in addition of the T5 or T6 because i did a insurance price quote and was saying that T6 would have lower insurance rate than T5 but again it's just quote. Wasn't thinking about R-Design because the only interior color they have is black and i'm not really a fan of black interior. I know for sure if I do want one then it has to have the convenience package as well as the vision package for sure.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's odd that the T6 would have a lower insurance quote?

Anyway, based on the ones we saw on the lot (in NC) every one of them had the Convenience Package and Vision Package, plus heated seats/steering wheel. Those must be the most popular selections.

My wife went with the blonde interior. My car has a black interior and it really shows white dog fur from our beagles.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:10 PM

I thought about the Blonde interior as well. Just wasn’t sure in real life if the blonde is like a light silver color. I do like the brown however Just it really doesn’t show too much of stains overtime?and I also saw on YouTube that there’s already a exhaust system for the XC60 and I thought it sounds great but just not sure if it’s only for the diesels. Because it did make the diesel sound pretty good

Old 11-22-2017, 08:21 PM

We test drove a T5 AWD momentum and T6 inscription, both fully load except that the T5 didn't have the B&W sound system. We went the T5 AWD, which drives great and has plenty of power. Couldn't really see much reason for moving up to the T6 unless you want the cooled seats. I'm no audiophile, but I think the standard sound system sounds great and don't think it would be worth the money to upgrade to B&W system. We went with the maroon interior (which is really dark brown) and really like it.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:25 AM

I drove two T6s and the one with the B &W sound made me take the plunge. I had my trusty iPod Classic with me with all my favorite music on it and I heard a significant difference. I spent the money on it instead of the air suspension.