Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Park Assist Pilot Removed for 2022??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Park Assist Pilot Removed for 2022??

I was looking at doing the Volvo Overseas Delivery program for my next car. I live in the US so MY2022 cars have not been release here yet. My plan was to order an XC60 Recharge Inscription. I was looking at the order sheet for 2022 and I couldn't find park assist pilot (PAP) as an option. I thought that was odd (who removes features these days?) so I looked at the online Manual for the 2022 XC60 and sure enough no mention!!!!
Couple questions -
1. As I missing something? Was it just renamed or folded into a different system? I did try putting in active park assist and nothing in the manual either.
2. Is this related to this having the new Android Auto OS?
3. Alternatively is it related to the ongoing chip shortage? I've heard of other car companies removing options related to the inability to procure enough chips for all the separate computer aided options.
Anyone who has received their car in Europe could help answer this question. It's possible it was just removed for the US but the online manuals seem worldwide (for english speaking countries) and uses "British" english grammar.

Thanks

Old 07-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are absolutely right, but you should still contact your local dealer to confirm. Park Assist Pilot was available for all trim for 2019 XC60 it was an option in one of the premium package. Switching over to 2020 it was only available for R-design and Inscription of Polestar. I made the mistake to purchase a 2020 XC60 Momentum with Pro and Plus package only to find out that PAP was not equipped. This was due to the fact that the Momentum did not have the additional censors in the front sides fenders on top of the wheels. If you look at the 2022 all trims do not have those censors equipped. let us know when you find out.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:57 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by XC60-Red
I was looking at doing the Volvo Overseas Delivery program for my next car. I live in the US so MY2022 cars have not been release here yet. My plan was to order an XC60 Recharge Inscription. I was looking at the order sheet for 2022 and I couldn't find park assist pilot (PAP) as an option. I thought that was odd (who removes features these days?) so I looked at the online Manual for the 2022 XC60 and sure enough no mention!!!!
Couple questions -
1. As I missing something? Was it just renamed or folded into a different system? I did try putting in active park assist and nothing in the manual either.
3. Alternatively is it related to the ongoing chip shortage? I've heard of other car companies removing options related to the inability to procure enough chips for all the separate computer aided options.
Anyone who has received their car in Europe could help answer this question. It's possible it was just removed for the US but the online manuals seem worldwide (for english speaking countries) and uses "British" english grammar.

Thanks
It's baffling the way they do things. On my 2021 XC60 T8 w/Inscription, Pilot Assist is listed in the Advanced PKG for $1900 while Park Assist is listed as a separate $200 option. Also visible on the back glass next to the center upper brake light housing is a separate camera not shown on any of the other camera descriptions as part of the 360 Surround View Camera feature. I think it's part of the Park Assist feature as it's mounted very high. If anyone knows for sure, chime in verify or correct me please.

Options as equipped

Old 07-23-2021, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XC60-Red
Couple questions -

Thanks
Volvo along with may other car makers worldwide is suffering from a lack of semi-conductors owing to scaling back car production at the start of Covid. Chips that would have gone into cars have been diverted to other products like laptops etc.

Volvo has therefore reduced functionality on its models reducing the numbers of chips required allowing them to build more cars. In practice this means that Parkpilot and BLIS cannot be ordered on cars thatdo not have them as standard fit. In the US even these standard items may have been deleted.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sculliod is right, Volvo isn't the only car make making decision like this where they remove features due to chip shortage to prioritize car production instead.

Old 07-25-2021, 03:23 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bbtong
Sculliod is right, Volvo isn't the only car make making decision like this where they remove features due to chip shortage to prioritize car production instead.
I find it hard to imagine tho they'd leave out standard safety features they're famous for as standard equipment, such as blind spot info system or cross traffic alert. That would be like leaving out seat belts. I think when the final order sheets come out and '22 cars are rolling down the line it will be more clear. I wouldn't fret just yet. If they have to, they'll probably do what Ford and GM and Toyota for instance have done and allocate the chips they can get to go for their most popular models that fly off the lots 1st. Think Ford F-150 for instance. As the most popular truck on the market and will get more so with their new Electric model, they'll find chips for it at the expense of other cars/trucks/SUV's in their line-up. Remember, chips are still available, just in a severely less quantity since that chip plant burnt to the ground. But lucky it wasn't the only one. Just the biggest LOL

Just my six bits from 20 years of experience. But I could also be wrong.

Last edited by Cruiter; 07-25-2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Received 2022 XC60T8 Inscription last week (9/15/21). Pilot Assist part of Advanced Package along with: H/U Display, 360 Surround view (pretty cool, better than other brands - actual images, not graphics), and Air Quality with Advanced Air Filter.