Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Q&A Volvo XC60 T8 Extended Range

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 01:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Q&A Volvo XC60 T8 Extended Range

Hey to all!

I open this thread just to share some experiences or ask questions about the functionality of our XC60 T8 Extended Range.

I know that there are a few threads mainly focused on the issues with Google infotainment.
Let's keep those threads focused to that issue and keep this thread clean from infotainment troubles.

I am an excited owner of a new XC60 T8 Extended Range R Design, in Platinum Grey with 22" Wheels and I have a lot to ask and share with you.

I am also a previous owner of an XC60 MY2017 R Design D4. The main reason I sold that is because it was missing 4WD so I found myself a few times in difficult situation and then I promised myself never again to buy an SUV without 4WD. The new XC60 on the version and with the extras I bought it, in my mind was the best and sexiest choice against BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus...

I will soon open an Instagram account for her, under her name: Shyloh Green

Old 05-30-2022, 01:59 PM
Default B function on Gear Mode

So a first question is about B Function on Gear Modes.

i prefer to drive on B mode, because One Pedal driving seems to be more active, comparing to D mode. With B mode on I can do a whole journey without pushing the break pedal at all.

Despise the ONE Pedal driving mode, I do not know if there is any other feature that differentiates B from D.

Ps: I know that on B you can also go with manual, but I do not use that because I do not find it convenient.

So, are there any other differences between B and D ?
Is B mode the recommended for fuel efficiency?

Old 05-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XC60 T8 Recharge

Yep on B gear you use more battery regen brakes instead normal break.
So technically you recover part of the energy every time that you depress the pedal.
just make sure to also look for the brake pedal the regen brake is not capable to brake to 0 in certain speeds.

The following users liked this post:
Alexandros (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 02:00 AM
Default Polestar upgrade?

In previous generations of XC60 T8 there was a Polestar software upgrade.
with thus upgrade if I am ot wrong you could get some extra torgue , some extra horsepower and an improvemet of the cooperation between gearbox and engine. Some were saying that despite the increased power, the improved cooperation had as a result also a small reduce on consumption.

For the Extended Range T8 models, does anyone know if there is a Polestar upgrade?
If so, what does it bring?

Old 05-31-2022, 08:42 AM
Default Australia market

here in Australia the xc60 recharge 2022 is the similar version of your xc60 extended version T8.

455hp combined..
Polestar upgrade( software version ) is not available for this car..
I just asked the delaer about that and he sad that the polestar upgrade is coming by default on this 455hp.

The following users liked this post:
Alexandros (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 08:42 AM
Default Australia market

here in Australia the xc60 recharge 2022 is the similar version of your xc60 extended version T8.

455hp combined..
Polestar upgrade( software version ) is not available for this car..
I just asked the delaer about that and he sad that the polestar upgrade is coming by default on this 455hp.

Old 06-01-2022, 01:16 PM
Default Battery Mile Distance

When I fully charge my car the estimate mile distance with a Full Battery is not the same every time and it varies.

Is the estimated mile distance affected from the current average consumption and recent driving behavior?

If so, then I guess that if before I charge it, I reset the trip computer settings, then it should go to the same maximum estimated distance every time. Am I right?

Old 06-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Default Battery

No the battery range will change and is mostly depended of the driver behavior and also the transit condition.
mine here full charge on display shows 59km max. but if I go highways I can get up to 70-80km on hybrid mode as pure mode cant go up to 110km/h
but if um running around in the city is maximum 40 due to a lot of stop and go..

Old 06-02-2022, 12:18 AM

I have the impression that is happening exactly the opposite.

If the estimation is 59km as you said, then:

If you drive smoothly within city traffic, then you might get even more than 59km
If you drive on highway with average speed around 130km/h then the you will see the battery range dropping to even less than 25km.

Also I cannot understand why maximum estimation is 60km, while the advertisement said up to 95km range. Something that I never saw even as an estimation, not in real life.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:12 AM

Is there anyway to remove the speed limiter, but without messing up with manufacturer's warranty?

I was hoping that a Polestar upgrade would help on that, but I do not see it coming...

Old 06-06-2022, 10:04 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexandros
Is there anyway to remove the speed limiter, but without messing up with manufacturer's warranty?

I was hoping that a Polestar upgrade would help on that, but I do not see it coming...
Anything you might do such as what you're suggesting could have an effect on your warranty. And at every normal service, they plug your car into the computer for a diagnostic test to tell them how everything is performing. A change such as you're suggesting would definitely show up. Do you really want or have a need to go faster? Or you just feeling like someone took something from you?
It's pretty fast as it's set up, probably in the top 10% of new cars you can purchase today. Just saying.....

Old 06-06-2022, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Anything you might do such as what you're suggesting could have an effect on your warranty. And at every normal service, they plug your car into the computer for a diagnostic test to tell them how everything is performing. A change such as you're suggesting would definitely show up. Do you really want or have a need to go faster? Or you just feeling like someone took something from you?
It's pretty fast as it's set up, probably in the top 10% of new cars you can purchase today. Just saying.....

Well I just returned from.a short trip (around 1550km) within a weekend.
at no point I did not even got close to the limit. Most.of the trip I had an average speed around 130km/h on highway.

So I would say that mainly I am annoyed from the limitation.
also, I would like to know what is the maximum speed that this car can actually reach.

Last, I would like to race it in a circuit, against my brother's Golf GTi (280 horsepower) and check which one is faster 😜