Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Rattling Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 05:37 PM
GGV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Mystery

Hi all,

I love my 2022 XC60 recharge - but after driving 5k I’ve started to notice a rattling noise coming from the passenger side back seat area or possibly a bit farther back.

It’s most noticeable during slow driving, and only audible when the windows are shut.

Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks so much!

Old 01-25-2022, 08:17 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GGV
Hi all,

I love my 2022 XC60 recharge - but after driving 5k I’ve started to notice a rattling noise coming from the passenger side back seat area or possibly a bit farther back.

It’s most noticeable during slow driving, and only audible when the windows are shut.

Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks so much!
Obvious would be to check the 'cubbies' in the rear doors. Plus check the rear armrest, someone may have placed something loose in it. Or under the load area in the rear where air pump and such is located.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:39 AM
GGV

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Obvious would be to check the 'cubbies' in the rear doors. Plus check the rear armrest, someone may have placed something loose in it. Or under the load area in the rear where air pump and such is located.
Thanks, I checked those areas and did not find anything loose...

Old 01-27-2022, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GGV
Thanks, I checked those areas and did not find anything loose...
I had a rattling noise in my 22 xc60 and had them look at it when I was in wrestling with a remote start issue today. A sales guy drove the car around the block while the mechanic sat in the back and tried to locate the rattle. They found it pretty quickly and said it had something to do with the way the headliner was attached around the sun roof towards the back of the car or something like that. Said they had seen it once or twice in the past and they basically just need to take it off and reattach. Said it could take a day or two after I drop it off for service. Hope you find the source!

The following users liked this post:
Cruiter (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 05:02 AM
GGV

Originally Posted by whydidibuythis
I had a rattling noise in my 22 xc60 and had them look at it when I was in wrestling with a remote start issue today. A sales guy drove the car around the block while the mechanic sat in the back and tried to locate the rattle. They found it pretty quickly and said it had something to do with the way the headliner was attached around the sun roof towards the back of the car or something like that. Said they had seen it once or twice in the past and they basically just need to take it off and reattach. Said it could take a day or two after I drop it off for service. Hope you find the source!

Thanks so much! I will share with the mechanic at the dealer.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I have the same rattle and will ask them to check it out when I next go in. It’s been getting worse and I have less than 5K on the car.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:07 PM
GGV

Hi guys, mystery solved: it was the shocks - or at least whatever "botella" translates into from spanish. They replaced the worst offenders and the noise is gone - although I can still hear a faint rattle from the "botella" they did not replace, but the trouble is it's only audible when the car is on battery, and I had no juice when road testing at the dealer! Will have to charge it up next time I bring the car in and test with the tech.