Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Rear Headrests & Seat position memory

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Headrests & Seat position memory

Hi there, new XC60 owner and for the life of me I can't figure out how to fold the rear headrest seats. Can anyone help me?

Also, my husband and I will be sharing this car so the first thing we immediately did was program our seat and mirror preferences into both the numbers on the side of the driver's seat and into the car settings so the car would recognize it when we entered the car with our individual keys. However, it isn't working. Often times we are in the car together so we both have our keys, is that why? But it also didn't program correctly into the side driver's side seat numbers either.

Any help on trouble shooting the above would be SO appreciated!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the headrests... my XC60 has a button on the central console to fold the rear headrests (outboard seats) and also it can be done manually by lifting the handle near the headrests. The handle is near the handle that also folds down the rear seats. You would not miss it.
You can download the owner manual from Volvo website and check page 90. or check the paper manual that you got with the car.

I had little trouble setting up the keys memory. The manual says that even keys with PCC needs to be inserted in the slot, then go into My Car menu and enable the key memory. After that locking the car with a key will save the positions in key's memory.

Keep in mind that when programming the second key in the car My Car menu, make sure your other key is not in the car. I tried to program my wife's key while holding my key in the pocket and it did not work. I had to put my key away from car and program the wife's key.
The manual indicates that the key on the driver side takes precedence if multiple keys are detected. So far I did not encounter any issue when both me and my wife had our keys in the car.