Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

What CX60 variant should I buy for the most extreme driving conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What CX60 variant should I buy for the most extreme driving conditions?

Hey guys, I'm driving a 2012 V40 D4 at the moment, and I love it. Absolutely love the car, but I live in Ukraine and roads here are... Well, let's say sometimes I have to drive 10km/h to make sure I don't hit potholes too fast so they don't blast my tires.

Plus we are buying some land out of the city to build a house there, and even now I can't reach the property, because the road is just too bad for the V40 and it would sit flat on it's belly in some places if I attempt to drive there.

It's a sad reality, but my V40 was built for a much better driving conditions. So I'm looking to buy an XC60. I like it, my wife likes it, it's not as big as the XC90 (and not as expensive).

So we have to set on which one we want to buy. We are only going to buy a used car, probably in Germany. Our budget would be around 20k Euro (25k USD).

I have seen locals driving the 2012 XC60 AWD, it has a very high clearance and plastic moldings around the body, which I like, because if you scratch/dent them they are easy to replace. There are also the Cross Country options, which I have no idea about, but I've seen pictures online that sort of portray that they also have a nice clearance.

I have no idea which variant would be the most appropriate to drive the asphalt off-roads, my focus is – high clearance, big wheels, most comfort inside, so the suspension has to be soft (I guess that's what you call it?).

I would appreciate any suggestions. We're looking for a car that would have a rear camera and bluetooth too, but I think with any model that should not be a problem.

Thank you!