Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   XC60 2022 Nothing but problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/xc60-2022-nothing-but-problems-107343/)

maggs 11-05-2023 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by BruceS (Post 528034)
It was a great car.....better than any other..... when it ran. Mine was traded in for a BMW X5. I needed a 7 passenger car so I traded that for an Infinity XC60. A very comfortable car. I still wish at times that my Volvo ran properly Maybe someday they will either wake up or go bankrupt. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the government isn't stepping in on this. Not that I am in favor of regulations but someone somewhere should have oversight into this dilemma . Maybe if Mayor Pete got his head out of his ass he would recognize the problems and do something......

BMWX5. A really nice car but, historically, it has had plenty of problems, itself. Vanos malfunction, plastic value cover cracks, plastic hoses and connections melting due to engine heat. No car is perfect. Regarding Volvo's new model quality, I personally don't feel they do a very good job of testing before introduction. It's either this or they attempt to introduce too many new things at one time. Lexus was mentioned by Big O. They (and Toyota) are notorius for taking their time to introduce innovation, sometimes to a fault. However, there's no getting around it. Their cars are well made. I should know. I have owned my 2007 Lexus ES350 since new, without any major problems. Regarding Volvo, I purposely waited for the 5th model year to factory order my V90 Inscription, hoping that the major issues were ironed out.. After 39+ months and 35K miles, it has been problem free. Yes, the Sensus system was outdated when I purchased my V, but it's saftisfactory for my needs. Regarding Mayor Pete, not sure politics has to pollute a car forum, but I'm not surprised.

arrbeejay 11-07-2023 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=Big O;528033]This is a follow-up to my last post.

The XC60 pile of junk is gone, and I am absolutely incensed. Just short of two years and a myriad of software issues, we decided that the vehicle was way too undependable for use, especially when traveling out of town. After having issues of inability to start the vehicle that stranded us, not starting on my profile at times but starting under another profile, intermittent loss of maps, etc. it was time to get rid of it to the tune of a $20K loss. This was the shortest time I have ever owned a vehicle that I purchased, less than 2 years, but things had become unbearable. We got tired of having to reboot the system several times to correct issues, which at times was almost every time we drove it. We were always on pins and needles when we had to start the car and were out of town at the time.

We had endless problems with our 2022 XC60 Recharge - in and out of the shop, seemingly every other week - for the first 6 months. Since then, knock wood, it's been much more reliable. I do think they rushed out the Google software and possibly the Recharge technology. I hope the problems others have experienced will soon be in the rear view mirror!

maggs 11-07-2023 11:39 AM

@arrbeejay , what car do you own now, after moving away from the 2022 XC60 Recharge?

arrbeejay 11-07-2023 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by maggs (Post 528094)
@arrbeejay , what car do you own now, after moving away from the 2022 XC60 Recharge

[

sorry I didn't make it clear - we still have XC60 and we're pretty happy with it.

maggs 11-07-2023 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by arrbeejay (Post 528096)
sorry I didn't make it clear - we still have XC60 and we're pretty happy with it.

Actuallly, my bad. I should have read your last sentence from your post more carefully. My neighbor has a 2023 XC60 B5 and raves about it. He's had it for around 10 months and hasn't had any issues. With this said, he had first purchased a 2022 XC60 and had nothing but problems with it, particularly regarding the infotainment system and some other running issues. He repeatedly brought it to the dealer, who attempted to fix each issue, some of which then reoccurred. I don't know whether he leased or bought either XC60. When I asked him, after having so many problems with the 2022 model, why he purchased the 2023 one, he said that his wife loved the style and extremely comforable seats, and didn't want anything else. Happy wife/happy life. BTW, although I didn't ask, but my guess is that he lost some money replacing his 2022 model with the 2023 one.

YLY 12-16-2023 10:43 AM

XC60 D5 2.4
Late 2014

Hi there,

Bought in July from local dealer who I had trusted because they had a Volvo service centre.
( 9 years old and 91k +) First registered November 2014
My so called 6 month warranty turns out to be the personal creation of a completely different small garage.not even a national company.
Not allowed to see the V5C “ data protection” When I had problems i noticed the tear off slip showed it had changed hands only 2 months earlier. Rejected?

Permanent warning of low battery sometimes needs key to unlock.
Tyres sensor warning randomly.
Radio only works if engine is running. After a few seconds of turning off engine ,the radio will turn off then goes into a continous on/off cycle every 20 seconds. Can only stop it by it off by getting out and locking the car. (This is normal according to the salesman.) Though something else seems to drain it overnight.
After 15 mins of driving Nav screen goes blank.
Booked it in for 24 hours in Service Centre.
Workshop never saw it because the Salesman simply put it on fast chargefor 24 hours and then said it is fine.
Ongoing …. Numerous problems dark evenings but no interior lights not even tried linking my phone…

The so called warranty runs out after Christmas however have had to wait until 20th Dec to get a real booking.

Used to have the same model built in 2011 and it was perfect.

reach449 12-17-2023 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by vynu (Post 501960)
  • other than displaying maps , rest of the screen is pretty much empty
  • when in active call with mobile, the feedback or status of the call window displayed right in the middle of screen which blocks maps view

Yeap, that darkeness on the driver's display when a map is not displayed is intentional by Volvo. It is called "Calm" mode.....lol The same thing with incoming calls or just on the phone is happening to me also. There are so many "little" things like this with the Volvos. If it was just one "little" thing it wouldn't be so bad but all the little things are adding up to become a major thing.

LarryH 12-21-2023 01:56 PM

Ok, this user has had the XC60 recharge for 3 months and find it amazing. Better still the Google centred entertainment which I also use verbally for climate control. Google "knows" a lot of stuff. Recommend a thorough investigation of the menu system particularly related to winter heating when on Pure Mode (default seems to be Off). This is one powerful vehicle - love it. In town driving is mostly Pure. I've only added gas twice and one of them was on a highway trip on Hybrid.