Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 FYI: major problem with my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 XC60 and I feel there is a trans. problem related to when the computer tells it to shift up. I was told it is controlled by oil pressure in the transmission and that a sensor reads that pressure. I design hydraulics for a living and it seems like a simple problem to set the trip point up or down, but they still don't seem to be able to make it smooth out in 1st,2nd to 3rd. it happens to fast to my feel. I can make it feel right by going to manual shift so why can't the computer do it. I only have about 4,000 miles on the car and the "Service Light" came on at 3,500 and I call the dealer and they said the computer is on a clock not reading miles traveled and that it thinks I should be about at the 7,500 miles for the 1st oil change and service and that they could reset it if it bothered me, but I still didn't have to bring it in until 7,500 miles. The other night, I could hear something when it would shift but not all the time. Hope I can wait that long.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Exclamation XC 60 2012 3.2 engine HELP!!!

Hi all,

I about an used XC60 7 months ago..it was at 50 miles, so Warranty finished...everything was great until 57 miles..suddenly go message '' Transmission repair required, I was stock at speed 3. when shifting from Park to drive, I felt car kincking..2 hours later, another message: DSTC repair required! . I brought car the next day to Volvo dealer...

they told me it could be the modules or the transmission. they changed the modulus , but problem persists, now dealer is telling me it could be Transmission!! how?? I don't understand, problem happened suddenly and I did not notice any issue before...i'm freaking out because I did not take an additional warranty thinking that Transmission and engine on this type of car is so strong!!!

dealer seem to not know what is going on??? if he is telling me transmission, he must show me what is going on? in my head, it's not mechanical issue. it should be a software or something else similar, please I would really appreciate your advice on this!

Old 09-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Hi all,

I about an used XC60 7 months ago..it was at 50 miles, so Warranty finished...everything was great until 57 miles..suddenly go message '' Transmission repair required, I was stock at speed 3. when shifting from Park to drive, I felt car kincking..2 hours later, another message: DSTC repair required! . I brought car the next day to Volvo dealer...

they told me it could be the modules or the transmission. they changed the modulus , but problem persists, now dealer is telling me it could be Transmission!! how?? I don't understand, problem happened suddenly and I did not notice any issue before...i'm freaking out because I did not take an additional warranty thinking that Transmission and engine on this type of car is so strong!!!

dealer seem to not know what is going on??? if he is telling me transmission, he must show me what is going on? in my head, it's not mechanical issue. it should be a software or something else similar, please I would really appreciate your advice on this!

Old 09-23-2015, 06:55 PM

I just recently trade in my 14 for a new 16. What drive train do you have? It is my understanding the drive train has not change from the 14,15 to16 model year. So if that is true ,it's not new. I also understand the T6 and T5 Have a different Transmission. Regardless these cars are very well engineered.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Default volvo xc60 2015 srs modem problems

Hello i am the owner of a Volvo XC60 2015 that I have bought after an accident. In the accident the drivers air bag has diploid. After the reparation I have brought the car to Volvo dealer service to erase the srs air bag light on. The technician did not try to erase the light, he only presented a report with many found codes suggesting that I change the seatbelt, tensioner, staring colon modem, srs air bag modem and general srs modem before even trying to erase and restart the modem. I have changed the air bag and I thought he should erase and restart the modem before doing a new full diagnostic of the srs system. All tho he told me that it would not be possible to erase the modem and that I had to change it for a new one. I would like to know if the information that he gave me is accurate ?‏