Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

xc 70 performance computer programer

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 01:43 AM
Default xc 70 performance computer programer

Greetings All!
I bought my wife a base XC 70 for Christmas. She loves the car and I do too. I currently own a 02' diesel excursion. I bought a programmer that I plug into my truck's computer. This program can be taken out of the computer so that the program won't be lost if the computer is flashed during service. The programmer asks me questions and apon my responses, changed the horse power, torque and shift firmness. My fuel mileage didn't change. It really works.
My question is: I now want to sell my truck and buy a XC 70. I would like to find a programmer to raise my horse power and torque. Are there many companies which make these programers for the XC 70? Do they work? Who's is the best? How hard are they on this smallish motor? Any thoughts and recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated. Franklin

Old 05-29-2005 | 07:27 PM
Default RE: xc 70 performance computer programer

Franklin,

Looks like no one answered & could be that there is none available.

We use Hypertech in our Duramax pickup trucks & it is really a little wonder program sense we've averaged a 3.5mpg decrease in fuel consumption at highway speeds. We've known Ford Powerstroke trucks that do abt the same. Hypertech works hard at it & it could be that they produce one for these machines. If not they can most likely tell us who does or; It cannot be improved upon or; They will produce one.

The first thing that jumps into question is abt the throttle body issue. Most of these companies that produce such a performance product will shy away until such issues have been corrected or at least stabilized.

We are still considering & have yet to drive one of these XC70's. But we do get into the mountains frequently so a vehicle must not be a lazy one.

Thanx Gben