Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 xc90

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 xc90

Hello ALL!

General question to all the owners of 2017 XC90 out there.
Any problems you are dealing with , or had to deal with?
I was reading all the reviews of the 2016 model and was really scared.
I haven't seen much info/feedback/reviews on how the 2017 version is doing.
I love the look of the car and the interior.
also seems like more bang for your buck compared to the Audi Q7 (like by 8-10G)
ordered a momentum w/ some options- wondering if I should back out
of if my fear is not realistic.
any replies would be great!

Old 07-24-2017, 12:32 PM

Good afternoon, Coenzyea.
We purchased a 2017 XC90 Inscription T8 Hybrid in March 2017. We picked it up at the factory delivery center in Gothenburg and received it through B'more in May. It has every available option except the Bowers & Wilkins sound system for which I thought the price was exhorbitant. I assumed the car would come with a basic CD player. That was incorrect. W/o the B&W system, you don't get a CD player.
We drove the car in Sweden, to Norway, and to Denmark during the four days we were in country. The experience was wonderful and it was an opportunity to learn about the car where we could go back to the factory folks and have any questions or concerns answered.

The only issue I have noted is that the second row seat on the driver's side doesn't lower or return to position smoothly. I suspect a problem with the rather complex folding mechanism. I plan to take it to the shop to have it fixed this week.

It is the most powerful car I have ever owned. It replaces a 2007 Mercedes R500. I used to autocross the MB and won two championships in it. I haven't yet raced the XC90 but feel I should. It has 400 hp and over 400 lb-feet of torque. It weighs around 6300 lbs. With that much mass and power, I want to know how it will handle in an autocross environment. I usually use it in HYBRID mode. However, when challenged by at stoplights by V8 vehicles at stoplights, I put it in SPORT mode and leave them at the line. I must report that I started driving during the time when stoplight drag racing was the norm. It still exists among people who buy sporty cars who find themselves at the light next to other such drivers. I accelerate up to the published limit and watch the other vehicles catch up after a few seconds and blow past me, proving that they can drive their car faster than I intend to drive mine on a public street.

Bottom line, I would choose the XC90 over any other so-called similar vehicle available in the US. I've driven the Rover and Audi vehicles. MB doesn't make the R-class any more. That would be the closest vehicle to the XC90, in my opinion. All the rest are pretenders aimed at people who want to assert their ability to spend money on a name brand that asserts itself as a "luxury" vehicle. Read the reviews in the mags. The new Volvos are heads above the others in "luxury" expression as well as handling prowess and safety. Safety includes headlight ability to see safely at night (lights bend into turns, high beams come on automatically), steering wheel vibrates if you cross a lane divider w/o using your turn signal, automatic cruise control (common among most cars now).

Go for the Factory Delivery Program. If your local dealer can't help you, contact Tos Chesson at (tosc@carvolvo.com) in Bluffton Volvo in Bluffton, SC. His staff know the ropes and will make the process most pleasurable.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Default 2017 xc90

last week took delivery. t5 AWD Inscription white with tan interior. traded in 2015 xc60 with 40000 miles with absolutely no problems. needed the room because of two grandchildren. this car is far superior to the 60. only drove about 500 miles but definitely a difference in 2 cars. xc90 is wider, longer, and heavier. if you are expecting 25 mpg don't. this is my 4th wagon. started buying these only for the safety factor. as long as I can afford one this is what will be in garage. no affiliation but Jack Ingram in Montgomery Alabama. See Robbie Poole

Old 07-25-2017, 10:14 AM

thanks JTReeves and NS Hoghead for the responses.

JTReeves- the T8 seems like a performance beast!
Glad you really enjoy driving it. I will be getting the T6
and like NS hoghead, will be hauling around some children.
Happy to hear no major issues from real owners for the 2017 model.