Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 XC90 T6 not starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 XC90 T6 not starting

Need help! Brand new to forum and to Volvo. Six months ago I bought a 2017 XC90 T6 R design for my wife and we absolutely love it. Last week I used the car to go to a meeting and I was running late so did not pay attention to the amount of gas in the vehicle. On my way home I notice the dash said 10 miles to empty and the nearest gas station was 15 miles away. Long story short I made it to the gas station but she must have been running on fumes. Put gas in it and made it home with no issues. A day and a half later I was out getting pizza and when I got back in to go home it would not start. All the lights come on and everything works as it should, just will not turnover. I just get one click. Very confused because it was just running ten minutes prior. I got out locked the door waited 5 mins unlocked the door tried to start it and it fired right up. this happened 4 more times in the next 3 days. 3 times getting out locking the door and unlocking the door worked. The last time i waited 15 and then it started. Then yesterday it wouldn't start at all and still won't start no matter what I do. I tried jump starting it and not have any luck. Tried both fobs with no luck. I don't know what else i can try. Did i fry the fuel pump by almost running-out of gas or is there something I need to reset or should I be looking in a different direction? Does anyone have any suggestions and keep in my I am mechanically challenge for the most part? I can change the oil, battery or brakes but that is the extent of it.

Ironically, 3 days prior to having this problem, I received a text message from the dealer that I bought the vehicle from stating " You have owned your vehicle for 6 months now and you have 62,781 miles on the vehicle and it is not too late to get the extended warranty".